PDA

View Full Version : 20 valve injectors? Where to obtain?

MR 4A-GE
15th September 2006, 07:57 PM
Hey peeps,

Just wondering where i can get 20valve injectors and also how much? plus will they fit onto my 16v 4A-GE

AmyC
15th September 2006, 07:59 PM
Ebay has injectors for sale evey now and then. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

rthy
15th September 2006, 08:00 PM
20V injectors are side feed but 16v ones are top feed, why would u want to fit them anyway?

MR 4A-GE
15th September 2006, 08:10 PM
increase performance perhaps. surely you can fit them on even if they are side feeded?

roadsailing
15th September 2006, 08:21 PM
increase performance perhaps. surely you can fit them on even if they are side feeded?[/b]

the two things you have said here show you know nothing, do your homework.

if you want to see why they won;t fit, i have a set of 20 valve injectors, you can have them for 50 bucks plus postage.

rthy
15th September 2006, 08:26 PM
I agree, do some reading and stick with your stock injectors

rthy
15th September 2006, 08:26 PM
if ur using bigport injectors switch to smallport ones cos they are like 230cc or something or even 7mge/te injectors?

rthy
15th September 2006, 08:35 PM
forget it rthy, you may be right but it wont give this guy more power

MR 4A-GE
15th September 2006, 10:25 PM
just looking for a bit more pull without spending whatever on a supercharger. plus its done 263000+ so what can i do to increase performance by that lil smidgin. ive got a pod and 2" catback exhaust. just looking for stuff to do

DRFT - 86
15th September 2006, 10:30 PM
take some weight out for free performance boost........... changing your injectors wont do shit...... if they are old get them cleaned...

mattysshop
16th September 2006, 09:15 AM
save up the penny's get a good set of extractors, and a proper mandril system...

Blown86
16th September 2006, 11:05 AM
just looking for a bit more pull without spending whatever on a supercharger. plus its done 263000+ so what can i do to increase performance by that lil smidgin. ive got a pod and 2" catback exhaust. just looking for stuff to do[/b]

Putting injectors in won't do a thing unless your current injectors are stuffed, take Mattyshop's advice.

It's almost impossible to gain any noticeable improvement with an NA motor by changing just one thing.

You should view any upgrades as a package, just changing one thing without a plan especially with a half shagged motor is the perfect way to achieve the least gain for the biggest cost....

If you absolutely must change injectors don't think there's anything special about 20V injectors, there's no point using them for any power upgrade ever.... Go GZE injectors as a minimum (and a programmable ECU). http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Brenton 86
16th September 2006, 01:02 PM
increase performance perhaps. surely you can fit them on even if they are side feeded?[/b]

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/fap.gif

^Even if this made sense,^ u should of just gone to a wrecker, but he would of said it was a good idea, so this thread isnt totally useless.

slide86
16th September 2006, 07:52 PM
put a truck turbo on it. that will make it go better! (j/k) haha

start reading round a bit, there is plenty of info bout making 20v go faster

parrot
16th September 2006, 09:25 PM
It is pointless changing the injectors unless you change the fuel map in the ECU. You could go a little higher if you run a piggyback fuel computer otherwise go full management or forget it. You can't beat the ECU mapping.