PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX - opinions?

floody31
18th September 2006, 01:55 PM
What are AGXs like? Any experiences ? And I'm not talking about drifting either - I'm talking about actually making a car handle for road and track use. I'm thinking of buying a set for the front of my car, possibly the rear. They'll be running with 450lb front / 310lb rear springs , are they likely to have enough rebound damping to cope?
I am told that the rebound and bump damping adjustments aren't independent of each other?

rthy
18th September 2006, 02:00 PM
I am using them and while I dont have much to compare it to my car handles real well without being too harsh. Its right the rebound and bump are adjusted together. As for your springs I see no problem with that. Use ST204 shockers for the front.

roadsailing
18th September 2006, 02:55 PM
I am using them and while I dont have much to compare it to my car handles real well without being too harsh. Its right the rebound and bump are adjusted together. As for your springs I see no problem with that. Use ST204 shockers for the front.[/b]

what ones did you use on the rear sam?

RobertoX
18th September 2006, 03:23 PM
commodore

monkeymajik
18th September 2006, 03:53 PM
I'm very happy with AGX. Good bang for buck.

slydar
18th September 2006, 06:48 PM
you say not for drift. but your springs rates are up there. anyway theyll work fine theyre great shox. tsuchiya was impressed with the T3 ae86 when they drove it for a feature in hot version, and thats what it runs (AGX)

we can get them at a good price now too.

floody31
18th September 2006, 11:27 PM
you say not for drift. but your springs rates are up there.[/b]

Well, to be frank, its for my HR31 skyline, so 1440kg car - those spring rates are conservative for the bulk of the thing really.
Thinking AGX because they're easily available in AE92 style short stroke fitment for the front, which is what most R31 strut coilover conversions use in Japan - and they're cheapish.

Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Anyone know if Bilstein do an adjustable AE92 insert?

RobertoX
19th September 2006, 11:47 AM
bilstein are mostly mono tube and not adjustable

and yes they do, do an ae92 shock, in the country? well thats another question all together

rthy
19th September 2006, 12:16 PM
where can you get AGX from anyways? can any KYB dealer get them?

RobertoX
19th September 2006, 01:12 PM
i have them in stock and i am a dealer http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

i only have ae86 specific and short stroke etc to suit in stock

Gilly
19th September 2006, 05:27 PM
i came from koni adjustables to KYB AGX's, they shat all over the Koni's