PDA

View Full Version : clutch

hilux08
19th September 2006, 08:57 PM
hey guys,

just fitted a engine and clutch to my sprinter. i didnt have a clutch aligning tool and put the gearbox onto the engine, seemed to go together alright no real dramas but now the clutch wont full disengage when its in the car its gripin real low and dissengages but u can hear the clutch plate touching the flywheel. is there anyway to adjust the clutch or which i am guessin it isnt aligned properly and need to be pulled apart?

please say it isnt so http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

JDMJNKY
19th September 2006, 09:37 PM
sounds like the problem i had with my last engine install. the problem was that the springs that hold the thrust bearing carrier to the clutch fork were missing and the fork was pressing on the back of the thrust bearing and still kinda worked but sounded terrible and not good. sorry but if theres a problem itl have to come apart.

on the other hand a problem i have come across with the clutch not disengaging is that the
rod that presses up against the clutch fork from the clutch slave was too short. just got a piece of steel rod and made a longer one. that was from a adm box to jdm?!

yoshimitsu9
19th September 2006, 11:24 PM
i was going to say orangechargd86's second opinion. sound just like what way happened in my 626