PDA

View Full Version : brakes

darkon
20th September 2006, 10:21 PM
my brakes suck more d!ck then paris hilton on a friday night. and thats pretty bad considering hte car's been stripped n chipped too. so i was thinkin about possible brake upgrades. i wann keep the drum rear end so i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some decent drum shoes or some way of making them brake better. and for the front i was thinking of s13 disks n calipers but i dont wanna change the steering arms or anything because eventually i want to get those short powersteering arms to give me some quick whip. so basically i want
the low down on how my silvia thing'd go
some good drum shoes
and anything else people feel that might help or other options for increased breaking. thanx all http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

mattysshop
20th September 2006, 10:59 PM
with the steering.. best thing you could do.. is adapt a rack and pinion steering system to the RA40.. eg RA60?

i would investimagate an S13 ca18det or SR20det coilover/hub/brakes adaption.. gives some nice camber, coilover front end, and good brakes..

to make it handle.. add a rear sway bar if your Ra40 doesn't have one.. some do.. some dont.. 18mm minimum! upgrade the front end also if you can..

rear brakes take out your drum linings (just the linings) check the wheel cylinders etc make sure there all good while it's apart.. and send them away to a brake place that normally does trucks etc.. i have got mine rebonded with commercial truck linings.. hold up to heat abuse heaps more.. and come in 3 different compunds.. like a tyre.. the softer the compound.. the more it will grip.. but more it will wear.. etc..

P.S. i have a full set of Nolathane bushes for the front end of an RA40.. most of them you can use on anything.. but i used superpro ones on my front end.. if you want them.. drop me a PM..

DRFT - 86
20th September 2006, 11:43 PM
If you deciede you wana run SR20det disc's I have some for sale... (brand new in plastic)

darkon
21st September 2006, 10:22 PM
serious? hubs etc included? calipers? they vented/slotted? price?

DRFT - 86
22nd September 2006, 10:58 AM
check the for sale threads...