PDA

View Full Version : Quieter fuel pump

dustyae86
27th September 2006, 03:00 PM
hey all basically i have a problem i want to take my rear seats out to save some weight but i removed them and my fuel pump does my head in so i was wondering is it safe to wrap it or soemthing in some sort of sound deadener or is highly recomended against

4agtezza
27th September 2006, 03:40 PM
haha yeah i would aslo like to know this mine is very loud and annoying..maybe i should put it outside the car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

rthy
27th September 2006, 03:50 PM
is it a external type?

dustyae86
27th September 2006, 04:34 PM
is it a external type?[/b]

well i have a walbro intank one and a carter external lift pump very stupid set up so wont get into it bvut the external one is the noisiest

Hen is a total nutcase
27th September 2006, 05:00 PM
Rubber mount everything. Put a few layers of old car tube between the pump body and the mount hoding it, and a few layers between the mount and the floor.

That definitely helped me.

Or just get a new quieter pump.

Hen

parrot
27th September 2006, 05:04 PM
Mount it with those rubber things that have a stud coming out each side. The same things that mount the aircon tubes to the front valance. They come in different sizes. Though I did have some to mount a facet solid state pump on a datto and it was still moderately noisy.

chapl
27th September 2006, 05:09 PM
turn the beats up y0

rthy
27th September 2006, 05:29 PM
yea i use a VL fuel pump and used the stock rubber mounting so it didnt make much or any noise

Blown86
27th September 2006, 08:10 PM
A stubby holder or the blue high density bed roll foam you get from Clarke's rubber wrapped around the pump works well.

dustyae86
28th September 2006, 02:40 PM
A stubby holder or the blue high density bed roll foam you get from Clarke's rubber wrapped around the pump works well.[/b]

hmmm stubby holder sounds like a good idea