PDA

View Full Version : moving my fuel tank

dustyae86
27th September 2006, 03:02 PM
another question to annoy you all is im assuming this is probably illegal but where your rear seats are there is 2 holes left and my dad can get stuff welded for a very good price so if i put 2 20 litre tanks in there how illegal is this???

Medicine_Man
27th September 2006, 03:40 PM
I refuse to have any petrol come inside the cabin in my car, Fuck that for a joke..

Hen is a total nutcase
27th September 2006, 05:05 PM
1 - Why?
2 - Very illegal
3 - See 1

rthy
27th September 2006, 05:30 PM
wouldnt this add even more noise in the cabin?

AmyC
27th September 2006, 06:20 PM
Any fuel tanks in the cabin or in unsealed boot from cabin must be in some sort of steel box or container vented to the outside of the car. Even if you did it by the rules there isnt to many engineers that will pass it if you want it registered again. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

ke70dave
27th September 2006, 07:06 PM
yeah stuff that idea....appart from the deathness of having a tank of petrol just behind you, im guessing it would smell like petrol, and pluss wouldnt that make the centre of gravity higher (ie bad?) but thats just a minor problem copmared to the otheres...

mc68
27th September 2006, 09:42 PM
firewalls (yes that bit that prohibits the tank from the cabin) are there for a reason

AmyC
27th September 2006, 09:44 PM
You can have the tank in you boot but you must leave the seats in or cover the holes between the cabin and boot. But whats the point of that?

roadsailing
27th September 2006, 09:48 PM
at 55 litres, the sprinter tank is already too big.

i like my car, but even i dont want to be in it for more than 6 hours at a time

dustyae86
28th September 2006, 12:11 PM
at 55 litres, the sprinter tank is already too big.

i like my car, but even i dont want to be in it for more than 6 hours at a time[/b]

the sprinter tank is only 40 litres and the reason i was putting it there is if you take your rear seats out it would be directly in line with the old tank just forward more so maybe better weight distribution just an idea i was playing with