PDA

View Full Version : My Clutch :(

aaron_drift
29th September 2006, 01:43 AM
Hey everyone,

Some of u may know me as the guy who owned the Rx7 FC, well i got my hachi and have been so happy with it.

Unfortunantly i have clutch kicked the shit out of it and now i need a new clutch. I live in Brisbane and i am wondering which place is the cheapest to go for a standard clutch and install?

If anyone has an idea on approx cost and where to go that would be great. I would like to get it done next week finances pending.

Any advice would be appreciated.

rthy
29th September 2006, 02:28 AM
i think someone got a std clutch installed for $400....

dori_86
29th September 2006, 02:41 AM
dude upgrade ur clutch to a heavey duty, it's soo much better and cheaper in the long run

Gilly
29th September 2006, 08:51 AM
Nick's performance clutches have a few options for the 4age. normally use an exedy pressure plate and they make their own clutch plate. any decent garage can get a stocko clutch and install it for you.

mattysshop
29th September 2006, 02:01 PM
dougie at NPC hooks me up all the time.. my last mate that went there got a 4 puck carbied, 1900lbs pplate, and lightend the flywheel a bit.. $350..

don't be a wuss.. install it yourself..

aaron_drift
29th September 2006, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

Thx for the comments, i'd love to do it myself but i can't even get my car into my backyard.

I'll probably go a more duriable clutch then a standard, does anyone have phone numbers for these places? I really can't spend more then $300 - $400 (i know thats cheap for a clutch).

Thx

Aaron.

anastasios
29th September 2006, 03:20 PM
hehe my ke55 clutch went while it was at my mates house, we changed it in his front driveway, i doubt they would be that expensive just do it yourself, and go to like repco or something and say your from a mechanics shop to get it at trade price

mattysshop
29th September 2006, 04:07 PM
if you do it properly. you won't have to replace it for ages... ring doug at NPC (07) 3277 9403 and ask for something thats good for drifting..

aaron_drift
2nd October 2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys