PDA

View Full Version : lift pump question

dirty_86
30th September 2006, 12:11 PM
i got a external lift pump pressure is 3-4 PSI, will this be ok to use for my fuel setup i will be using a 1.5L surge tank and a VL external fuel pump

cheers

jace

rthy
30th September 2006, 07:00 PM
it all depends on how much it flows, whats it out of?

Medicine_Man
30th September 2006, 07:43 PM
It should be enough to supply the surge tank, But you will also need the bigger external pump in the setup.

steroidchickens
30th September 2006, 11:12 PM
the lift pump doesnt have to pump the same amount as the high pressure pump.
the pre pump is to fill up the surge tank. most of the time the fuel retern line keeps the surge tank full. its only if your on the gas for a very long period up a hill or something you will use more fuel, even so the pre pump will still be filling the surge tank anyway. so i think that setup will be fine.
i had one of the crap $35 low pressure pump from super cheap going to my surge tank for ages never had a problem.

dirty_86
1st October 2006, 12:43 PM
It should be enough to supply the surge tank, But you will also need the bigger external pump in the setup.[/b]

what pump would u suggest?

dirty_86
1st October 2006, 12:44 PM
the lift pump doesnt have to pump the same amount as the high pressure pump.
the pre pump is to fill up the surge tank. most of the time the fuel retern line keeps the surge tank full. its only if your on the gas for a very long period up a hill or something you will use more fuel, even so the pre pump will still be filling the surge tank anyway. so i think that setup will be fine.
i had one of the crap $35 low pressure pump from super cheap going to my surge tank for ages never had a problem.[/b]

what high pressue pump where u using..

cheers guys for the response http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

Medicine_Man
1st October 2006, 02:19 PM
That VL external pump should be fine for what you are doing.

steroidchickens
1st October 2006, 08:21 PM
i am using VL turbo external pump too.
i still am using that pump.
but the cheap pre pump was way too noisy, so i ditched it and got a standard vl turbo pre pump and mounted it inside the tank to quiten it down a tad.
now it goes, vl low pressure pre pump into vl turbo high pressure one.
does the same job as the cheap one

dirty_86
1st October 2006, 08:49 PM
cheers guys!