PDA

View Full Version : bang when i turn the key to reds

Buddy
30th September 2006, 02:59 PM
some times when i start my car when i turn the key to the reds there is a massive bang... but it will still start fine... i looked at my microtech and a red light was flashing.. next time i started it there was no bang and no flashing light???

anyone able to shed light on the subject??

cheers

Jason
30th September 2006, 03:50 PM
when dose it happen hot cold were did the bang come from. Need more info

Buddy
1st October 2006, 01:00 PM
only seems to happen on cold starts... sounds like its through the exhuast... its bloddy loud bang... then the microtech flashes..??? but today its been fine.. random car

poh_86
1st October 2006, 01:49 PM
take it back to bel
they should know =)

cri_ag
2nd October 2006, 03:23 AM
sounds like what my mates haltech does, if it is its the coils discharging, it happens for a reason, which i cant remember. its not unusual, like a big pop down the exaust?

86sp
2nd October 2006, 08:36 AM
This occasionally happens on mine. Running microtech also. Ive got no idea what it is.

Buddy
2nd October 2006, 02:17 PM
thanks guys. i took it to a mate who i pretty good with car electrics and ecu's he said without actually hearing the noise that it could be because of the individual coil pack ingnition system.. firing the coils and one exhaust vale would be open + a little but of fuel = bang down through the exhuast... not biggy.. i think i'll try and find someone with a laptop to plug into to find out what the red light flashing mean... cause the mircotech handcontroller could tell me.

cheers