PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shocks

deanoo
1st October 2006, 12:55 PM
hey people jus wanna get sum advise on what rear shocks and springs 2 use to make the car stiffer??

gypo86
1st October 2006, 01:38 PM
King springs and Konis works for me!

stouty
1st October 2006, 03:30 PM
KYB's you can get them through AJPS

rthy
1st October 2006, 11:28 PM
king springs have OEM stiffness almost, look I reocmend you drive other sprinters and see what you like. Decide what you want to use the car from and what hardness you can handle from other peoples cars and make a choice from there.

Whenever you want to change the suspension you should decide what you want to use the car for so you can make the best choice as there are many 'right' choices

parrot
3rd October 2006, 04:04 PM
I had King springs in the rear with Koni reds. The springs are definitely too soft so have recently picked up some 4.5kg rears from AJPS. Car is not on the road now so can't comment on this setup yet.

driftism
3rd October 2006, 04:12 PM
The type of spring and shock you choose should depend on what you are going to use the car for.

AJPS springs are what most people tend to use for drift purposes as they are very stiff.

Having very "stiffly" valved shocks, such as konis makes the car feel much stiffer when driving over bumps, but in longer corners and at high speeds, the springs really come into action a lot more, as the weight transfers.

The other thing to consider is that progressive springs, such as king springs are not going to be as stiff as other types, but are much more comfortable to drive on

Brenton 86
3rd October 2006, 04:12 PM
Iv got 'monroe gt' shocks designed for suzuki sierra fronts, in the rear. And picking up ajps 6kg 200 free height springs on friday. In theory it should be an good setup. Car is track only so i cant test it for a while.

RobertoX
3rd October 2006, 04:42 PM
emailed

psi_72
3rd October 2006, 07:18 PM
i would never use any sort of monroe shocks as monroe=the gheyness they will start leaking soon, as they all do!

AE86represent
3rd October 2006, 08:12 PM
Man, for 100 bucks for a set, who cares if they only last 12 months.

harrygat69
4th October 2006, 07:21 PM
just a comment if any of u are after grip rather than drift then standard weight springs are easily sufficient in the back just throw in some koni sport adjustable to suit a vl commy wagon or some kyb work well to but for drift id use lovells as they are very stiff springs as in can not corner without sliding even on semi slicks the rear will jus slide out

Brenton 86
4th October 2006, 09:49 PM
i would never use any sort of monroe shocks as monroe=the gheyness they will start leaking soon, as they all do![/b]

yeah im awear they are shit but its all the local parts supplier stock an getting around sucks without a license. Cant possibly be as bad as gabriel, or fuked out standards.