PDA

View Full Version : Lsd questions

Orange hachi
2nd October 2006, 10:37 AM
hey pplz. i'm thinkin of buyin a lsd centre for my t18
the problem is the t18 centre has been welded
do i need a another housin that hold the centre?
or would i be able to take welded centre out and use the housin of that? u know that banjo part
im gonna go to put deposit on the centre todaythats y

riceburner
2nd October 2006, 11:23 AM
All you need is the crown and pinion, discard the rest. Well thats what i will be doing this week.

Gilly
2nd October 2006, 11:24 AM
^^^ just beat me!

the lsd centre will replaced the locked centre, no need to buy a new housing!

only thing you'll need of the locked centre wil be the crown wheel.

you will basically have what is shown in the photo's (diff centre housing). you need to remove the locked centre, then replace with your LSD centre. get it setup properly as shown in pics (yellow shit) this will ensure your crown wheel and pinion are set up correctly lash wise. the yellow stuff shows the "meshing" of the crown wheel and pinion, making sure it has the correct footprint i suppose you could say. you don't want to strip a crown wheel, i've seen it, it sucks.

Orange hachi
2nd October 2006, 12:32 PM
^^^ just beat me!

the lsd centre will replaced the locked centre, no need to buy a new housing!

only thing you'll need of the locked centre wil be the crown wheel.

you will basically have what is shown in the photo's (diff centre housing). you need to remove the locked centre, then replace with your LSD centre. get it setup properly as shown in pics (yellow shit) this will ensure your crown wheel and pinion are set up correctly lash wise. the yellow stuff shows the "meshing" of the crown wheel and pinion, making sure it has the correct footprint i suppose you could say. you don't want to strip a crown wheel, i've seen it, it sucks.[/b]

sick thats real handy information
thanks alot man
i will put definitely put the deposit on it today then
so the yellow gear in the pic will be included in the centre?

rthy
2nd October 2006, 12:45 PM
wats the best way to remove the crown wheel?