PDA

View Full Version : JDM T-50

stouty
2nd October 2006, 08:49 PM
Just wondering ive got a JDM T-50 and ive heard i can use a T-18 slave cylinder cause the clutch fork is on the other side compared to a aus spec T-50. Also i was wondering if any one knew where i can get a clutch fork and the rubber boot that attaches to it and the box? Thanks

mikewestphoto
2nd October 2006, 10:24 PM
Jap and TA22 slaves are the same.

Maybe a TA22 fork and boot as they have the clutch slave on driver's
side.

stouty
3rd October 2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone have some definate answers. Need to make sure before i go out and buy stuff?

Hen is a total nutcase
3rd October 2006, 11:48 AM
A friend used his stock TA22 clutch slave cylinder on his JDM (tyte yo) T50. No problems for 5 years.

I would assume TA22 and TE72 would share a clutch slave, but that is easily confirmed with a catalogue.

From what I hear, JDM and ADM T50 fork and boot are the same, just located differently. So get to a wrecker. Also, a clutch slave is $30 and you can return it if it isn't right, so just do it.

Hen

stouty
3rd October 2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks man

parrot
3rd October 2006, 04:02 PM
I have an ADM box bolted to a JDM bellhousing using the ADM clutch fork and rubber. It all swaps over. I also have a T18 slave. This has been in place for 10 years. No doubt at all.

Jonny Rochester
28th January 2007, 09:25 AM
I just want to say the TA22 and TE72 slave and forks are not the same.

The TA22 has a solid steel fork. The slave rod has the thread with adjustment nuts, and the slave has a external spring ment to go from the slave to the fork.

The TE72 slave is more like we are used to seeing. Pressed steel fork. Self adjusting, and a internal spring if it has one at all.

I would say the TE72 is closer to the correct item if you were fussy. (But they maybe 100 other Toyota ones that fit and work.)