PDA

View Full Version : Clock Fuse

ponkotsu
2nd October 2006, 10:29 PM
installing a new deck and while trying to work out which wires are battery and accessory i managed to short out my clock.
thought i'd just blown a fuse and i'd replace it but... where the heck-a-roonie is the fucker?
popped off the cover on the kick panel but that was no help.
anyone know?

oh, one more thing. which wires are battery and accessory? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

harmsup_jai
2nd October 2006, 10:40 PM
installing a new deck and while trying to work out which wires are battery and accessory i managed to short out my clock.
thought i'd just blown a fuse and i'd replace it but... where the heck-a-roonie is the fucker?
popped off the cover on the kick panel but that was no help.
anyone know?

oh, one more thing. which wires are battery and accessory? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif[/b]

my clock came back when I replaced the cigarette lighter fuse, don't know if it was something else I did at the time but thats what I put it down to

dirty_86
2nd October 2006, 10:48 PM
ill confirm that cigg fuse is also the clock fuse..

by memory when i hooked up my cd player, 86s dun have a battery for the radio? as they had the old school dial things that didn't need a constant to keep memory of radio stations.. so what i did was ran a wire from my batt through the fire wall to my deck i tink i used a fuse in between

harmsup_jai
3rd October 2006, 09:14 PM
also, I think my +12v is taken from the ignition switch, the wire disappeared in that loom, but I can't be sure because the car had an aftermarket radio when I got it, so you could poke around there if you wanted

Taking it from the battery is probably the most definite way to get permanent 12, but yes, fuse it close to the battery.

loarm
4th October 2006, 07:46 PM
Umm...I didn't fuse mine, should I be expecting something bad to happen?

dirty_86
4th October 2006, 08:04 PM
Umm...I didn't fuse mine, should I be expecting something bad to happen?[/b]

if u don't have a fuse on ur headdeck possibly ruin ur head deck, it isn't hard to fuse it..

harmsup_jai
4th October 2006, 09:03 PM
Umm...I didn't fuse mine, should I be expecting something bad to happen?[/b]

not so much something bad, just a bit dangerous.
if the wire shorts somewhere, without a fuse the wire will remain live, and you can have fire issues and stuff. and another thing is if that the wire does short, the chance of burning out the cable is much less with a fuse, if it does you won't lose much cable, only up til the fuse. makes it heaps easier, especially if the wire runs through a loom.

as drif86s said, its not hard to do

Blake