PDA

View Full Version : 4age fuel pump works with one ecu... not with another

devolutio
4th October 2006, 02:51 PM
hey all,

I wired up my engine ages ago with a relay controlling the fuel pump, triggered by the FC terminal on my jdm ecu. works fine. but another part of that ecu is esploded... (tvis doens't work)... so i tried another jdm ecu (same model, different internals) and as soon as i plug the ecu in (even with ignition off) the fuel pump starts up.

i have an australian bigport ecu and I plugged that in. the fuel pump behaves correctly, only running either when i'm starting, or the engine is running. so I figure my wiring is correct...

i bought another jdm ecu today and it does the pump 'always on' thing. so I have three jdm ecus (model number all end in "51") - two keep fuel pump on, one doesnt. anyone know if there was a wiring revision or something?

on a side note... i will not run my fuel pump from the ignition before anyone suggests it.

thanks

Hen is a total nutcase
4th October 2006, 04:09 PM
I have no idea, but I want to come have a look. And I'm not afraid to use a multimeter.

devolutio
4th October 2006, 04:42 PM
hey good to hear from you ben. i take it you'll be in the country to go drifting this weekend?

after looking around, i think the insides of my burntout jdm ecu might not be what it's supposed to be... and my wiring suits fwd corolla ecu... dodgy bastards.

just a public announcement too, i'm having a party for my birthday at my house in thornbury. come down all. 14th october.

devolutio
4th October 2006, 06:08 PM
all the ecus have the same FC connector in the same place... something's just making it stay low.

devolutio
4th October 2006, 07:39 PM
my ae86 4age ecu has a nsw terminal (nuetral start switch)... now there weren't any auto ae86 with 4age right?

oh and i think my australian bigport ecu turns out to be a bigport ae92 ecu... but has a toyota part number that I can't match to anything.