PDA

View Full Version : Neeed help!!

Dish
4th October 2006, 07:37 PM
Hey Guys.

Word of warning, don't use a rattle syphon on an ae86 fuel tank http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Mine got stuck and the end of it dropped into the tank.

Now the question I ask is, is there an easy way to get inside the tank without pulling it right out and draining it Or is there enough room to put a hand down into the fuel pump hole to retrieve it? Anyone advise me against doing this? I know it doesn't pose a massive threat, cause it sure isn't going to get sucked up, but I just wanna get it out.

Thanks in advance.
-Roy

rthy
4th October 2006, 07:41 PM
well nothing is going is going to happen through the filler. But on the bright side you can reach any corner of the tank with your hand if you take the top plate off the tank... the catch is that your tank has to come out.

dirty_86
4th October 2006, 07:48 PM
if u do happen to put ur arm in, try not to leave it in for too long u tend to loose feeling happened to me..

Dish
4th October 2006, 07:55 PM
Believe me, if I can actually be fucked putting my hand in I'll get the shit out and pull my arm out. I wont be lingering it around in my fuel just to get dirt and shit in there lol.

So the only way to do it is to pull the tank out? need a definite answer please. Don't really feel like pulling it out if there's an easier way.

biggo
6th October 2006, 08:24 AM
magnet + long bendy thing = win

cuzzo
6th October 2006, 10:31 AM
Best way and quickest would be to pull the tank out. Stuffing around trying to grab it, may as well pull it out and clean the little bits of shit out while your there.

balistic
6th October 2006, 10:44 AM
magnet + long bendy thing = win[/b]

If the rattle syphon bit is brass like most of them - I dont think a magnet will work http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

Dish
6th October 2006, 10:57 AM
It's actualy a large marble and a rubber/plastic thing that's in the tank. So magnet isn't going to work.

Gilly
6th October 2006, 11:21 AM
tank out

Dish
6th October 2006, 01:36 PM
Fuck lol.

Can't be arsed doing it at the moment and the only thing it's gonna do is make noises. I'll pull the tank out in about 5 years.

crazy86
6th October 2006, 03:26 PM
It might only make noises...It might also bang around on any rusty surfaces or 20 years of caked on junk, filliong your fuel with "bits n peices".....not good.

Hen is a total nutcase
6th October 2006, 04:28 PM
The inside of every 20 year old tank I have seen has been basically spotless. Inside tanks are (nickel?, chrome?) plated so shouldn't rust. Plus there's always the fuel filter.

I seriously doubt there will be any dramas from leaving it there.

rthy
6th October 2006, 05:58 PM
I agree with Hen, the inside of my tank was spotless, and a 20mm wide object just isnt going to fit inside a 4mm line no matter how hard it sucks

Dish
6th October 2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah, thanks guys. Wont worry me too much, probably just shit me with the marble rolling around.

rthy
6th October 2006, 06:19 PM
if you know what your doing I think 2 guys could have that out and back in in an hour if you had it a bit up in the air.

Dish
6th October 2006, 07:15 PM
I know how to get tanks out. Have done them on about all 8 of my brothers cars. But I just really can't be arsed pulling it all out and putting it back in right now.

lewy
11th October 2006, 12:44 AM
the time u spent posting threads was probly longer than what i would take to drop the tank lol http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Dish
11th October 2006, 03:47 PM
I posted one thread :S If you mean posts, I'm a quick typer. So it took me not very long at all to post. Alot quicker than dropping, draining and re-installing a tank. I just really cbf'd pulling the tank out.