PDA

View Full Version : what top hose to use

dirty_86
5th October 2006, 09:00 PM
Hey guys

as u know im currently in the process of 4A-C to 4A-GE conversion im using the 4a-c external thermostat housing setup and trying to find out what top hoses fit? i've got a pic if it helps

cheers jace

Monk
5th October 2006, 09:03 PM
Edit - That wont work .. nevermind.

dirty_86
5th October 2006, 09:20 PM
what u mean? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif

Gilly
5th October 2006, 10:50 PM
repco/supercheap universal multi fit hose. they bend however you want and work fine.

cuzzo
5th October 2006, 11:10 PM
How does the AE71 hose fit??

dirty_86
9th November 2006, 08:39 PM
hey guys

used that multi fit hose from repco>< it leaks from the top and bottom, even with the hose clamps on to the tighest. I even snapped 1 hose clamp lol. Can anyone suggest a hose that will fit without cutting it?

cheers

jace

roadsailing
9th November 2006, 09:33 PM
i looked 4AGES (get it, lol) and couldn;t find anything close to what i needed, so i did what everyone does and used two bends joined in the middle with lots of hose clamps. works fine, leaks a tiny bit but most of my coolant lines do.

hey guys

used that multi fit hose from repco>< it leaks from the top and bottom, even with the hose clamps on to the tighest. I even snapped 1 hose clamp lol. Can anyone suggest a hose that will fit without cutting it?

cheers

jace[/b]

mrbigport
9th November 2006, 10:09 PM
haha!.. ok i will do!..

EDIT : this is meant to be DRIF86S post!

Wanabe_Garage
10th November 2006, 02:41 PM
Leaking coolent lines???

Use gasket sealer when attaching hoses, its oily and will help you put hoses on and when it dries you get no leaks

Some ADM jap cars and most popular imports use smaller hose/inlet/outlet sizes then aussie cars, did you pick up the right size?

I had that problem when doing my lines

also, it looks like thats a similar position that your housing would have been in the 4ac, why cant you just use that hose or get a brand new one of the same type?

Hen is a total nutcase
10th November 2006, 03:08 PM
Make up a pipe that fits out of some old bends and straight pipe sections all hose clamped together. Then when you get keen take this down to Repco/Bursons/wehrever and find a rad hose from another car that matches.

Hen

psychofox
10th November 2006, 03:42 PM
I actually used the 4AC one cut down a bit when I had a FWD 16V in there for a while. Worked ok. I have used the flexible radiator hoses a bit - there's one on the bottom hose of my 20V at the moment. I think you may have got the wrong one - you want a 32mm ID one.