PDA

View Full Version : Decent Turbo Manifolds

PuGZoR
6th October 2006, 12:14 PM
Hey all,

Anyone know where you can get decent 4AG(Z/T/Whatever)E turbo manifolds these days? In particular I want one that's got a T25 flange, is high-mount for easier access to everything, and has a wastegate flange already on it. Want something that has decent flow too. Quick spoolage would also be nice, heh.

Not too keen on ebay types because they're made of stainless which is not the best material for a drifter's exhaust manifold. They do look pretty though, but that's kind of lost on hachi's, haha. Better suited to a riced up Silvia or something.

Anyway, yeah, need a turbo manifold that does the job and preferably doesn't cost the world. Any ideas?

RobertoX
6th October 2006, 12:33 PM
i have what you are after, pmed

PuGZoR
6th October 2006, 04:12 PM
i have what you are after, pmed[/b]
*still waiting on a pm*

psychofox
6th October 2006, 06:39 PM
Not too keen on ebay types because they're made of stainless which is not the best material for a drifter's exhaust manifold.[/b]

Could you please explain to the forum why stainless isn't the drifters choice of exhaust manifold... I'm sure HKS, Trust, Blitz, Almost every racing team that uses turbocharged cars, etc. don't use it because it's the worst choice of material.

PuGZoR
6th October 2006, 07:32 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=271228)

Not too keen on ebay types because they're made of stainless which is not the best material for a drifter's exhaust manifold.[/b]

Could you please explain to the forum why stainless isn't the drifters choice of exhaust manifold... I'm sure HKS, Trust, Blitz, Almost every racing team that uses turbocharged cars, etc. don't use it because it's the worst choice of material.
[/b]
Not the cheap stainless reproductions you get around here anyway. I'd imagine the teams have ceramic coating inside and out too. Cheap stainless (eg, ebay manifolds) tends to crack because it's such a grade where quick heating up or quick cooling is detrimental because it's not maliable enough, I'd imagine. Don't know the exact reason, but I hear people complaining about the cheap stainless ones cracking, so unless you put serious coin in to get a suitable grade stainless jobbie (pressumably an alloy suited to the specific heat application), it's not worth considering a cheap ebay grade one. It makes sense on a chemical level, in theory, justifying the complaints I've heard.

mattysshop
6th October 2006, 07:36 PM
most of the cheaper stainless turbo manifolds are prone to crack.. unless they are supported.. one of my mates was running a 3SGTE $200 stainless ebay manifold in his celica for ages.. made a little bit of difference.. it didnt crack cos the CT26 has a cast steel bracket that supports 99% of it's weight onto the block.. those little tabs are useless. if you brace it enough, one of those el-cheapo manifolds will work nicely.. or.. get a steam pipe one made.. not that expensive once you weigh up shipping of the stainless item, plus a little extra work for a brace etc..

my 2C..

crazyGTrider
7th October 2006, 11:12 PM
AJPS have sweet manifolds and there are made from steam pipe.

Serious if you want a decent manifold at a good, price talk to david at AJPS