PDA

View Full Version : Ra60 suspension onto Ke70?

pebbles
15th October 2006, 09:07 PM
Is it possible/a good idea? to put Ra60 suspension onto a Ke70?

rthy
15th October 2006, 09:10 PM
I think you will have to change the steering arms to ones of an ae-81/ae71 or something like that because yours have the bolt holes 1m closer so it wont bolt up. As for doing it I am unsure, why would you want to? bigger brakes?

Gilly
15th October 2006, 09:55 PM
it's been said a thousand times.

don't do it.

you will have bigger brakes but suspension geometry is thrown out of whack, and is almost impossible to correct.

v-tec
15th October 2006, 10:35 PM
yea, pretty much as what gilly has said.
I have all this stuff in mine, currently in the process of putting ae86 stuff all in there cause its pretty bogus.

you get vented disks and a bit wider track (i think) but its not worth it
Having said that, if you do want some Ra60 stuff make me a offer i cant refuse on all mine lol

AmyC
15th October 2006, 11:35 PM
How do ya mean the geometry is out? Does it sit funny or what?

v-tec
16th October 2006, 12:31 PM
I think he may be talking about caster and toe settings... mine tends to like the understeer

slydar
16th October 2006, 05:05 PM
the stub axle angle is differant so you will get positive camber. you can correct this using longer lcas.

the other problem is the steering knuckle arm bolt spacing is differant, meaning you will have to use celica knuckle arm. this affects you ackermans, steering ratio and lock in adverse ways, aswell as it being the incorrect tapper for the 86 ball joint.

Hen is a total nutcase
16th October 2006, 06:09 PM
Slydar, thanks for adding that info. I've heard it said that RA60 stuff messes up your geometry, but never seen those details before.

Camber is easily fixed, but steering arms may need some more work.

Also AE86 and RA60 LCA balljoints are the same.

Hen