PDA

View Full Version : BT igniter and coils

dodgybrooks
17th March 2009, 07:16 PM
Put my 20v in yesterday and realised that I forgot to claim the igniter and coil setup from the donor car before it got crushed. I checked today and Toyota have a couple of each in stock in Melbourne but they want genuine part (read: genuinely expensive) prices for them. I asked the parts guy at Toyota and he said that the same setup "may" have come out on the Hilux, can anyone confirm this? I wanna try and find some at the wreckers, so if anyone knows what other cars shared them tell me!! Or if anyone has gone aftermarket management and wants to get rid of theirs then sell them to me!!
Part numbers are
Ignitor 8962112050
Coil 9091902197

Sprinter86
17th March 2009, 07:18 PM
hey mate,

i have a coil and ignitor if you need them, they are from a silvertop though, i will check part numbers when i get down to the factory they are at, and let u know.

nath

dodgybrooks
17th March 2009, 07:20 PM
Wicked. Yea check those numbers and hook a bloke up.

Jonny Rochester
17th March 2009, 07:34 PM
Silver top is the same.

I happen to have in my hand, a spare coil and igniter:
Coil 90919-02197
Ignitor 89620-35300
Both from a 22R carby HiLux from memory, setup to run off a mechanical advance/electronic dizzy. You have to double check with Anthony to see if this igniter will work for you.

rallystanza
17th March 2009, 10:33 PM
I have a spare coil from a blacktop but it doesnt mean jack. I used an aftermarket bosch electronic coil and it all works fine.

dodgybrooks
17th March 2009, 10:50 PM
I have a spare coil from a blacktop but it doesnt mean jack. I used an aftermarket bosch electronic coil and it all works fine.

What did it cost you and what are the part numbers?

Anthony
17th March 2009, 10:57 PM
yeah you can use almost any coil, but coil leads can be tricky with 20Vs. igniter has to be the right one really. the IGF signal changes style/shape a bit through the years and if you dont match it up you can get some running issues.

Jonny Rochester
17th March 2009, 11:07 PM
Your 20v coil is the same as on:
SW20
JZA80
SXV10
most HiLux
Lexus 1UZ

Your igniter is the same as:
LS400 1UZ (2 are used)
and a bunch of similar vehicles as listed above

You just have to walk around the wrecking yard.

Anthony
17th March 2009, 11:40 PM
well its not quite as simple as that. I can tell you for instance that SW20 changes connector shape AND igf style through its lifetime on the ignter as well as coil plug and retainer clip shape on the coil sode of things., at the very least between gen 2 and gen 3. 1uz does similar things as well.

that list is a good starting point though just make sure you have a sample, dont just order over the phone, you may be disapointed.

Sprinter86
17th March 2009, 11:48 PM
im sending him the factory 20v coil and ignitor tommorow.

are you sure 1uz are so different? the 20v coil and ignitor plugged straight into a friends 1uz.... Exacly the same. there may of course be different types for different year motors. this was a 93.

dodgybrooks
17th March 2009, 11:50 PM
Man you guys know so much good shit. Thanks for imparting all that knowledge!
I've found a ST set so I should be right.
Beautiful.

Jonny Rochester
17th March 2009, 11:57 PM
My list is a guide to start looking, but the exact same parts do occur among those vehicles, but you have to check part numbers match if you want the exact part obviously.