PDA

View Full Version : lift pump problem

Hyuga
24th October 2006, 09:20 AM
for a surge tank set up, can I use a R33 efi intank pump as a lift pump to the surge tank and bosch 044 external pump as a second pump? I know people are using electrical carby pump but I just happen to have a R33 pump lying around. will this R33 intank pump be too high in pressure and affect the performance of the second bosch pump? as the extra pressurissed fuel pushing into the bosch pump and making it pump too much fuel and hence increase the fuel pressure in the system by too much?

ok if I need to use a external carby one what brand for what car do you guys recommand?

also anyone know what air temperature sensor(brand name/part number) is used for a microtech?

Jason
24th October 2006, 09:40 AM
if you have a surge tank it will just overflow back into the tank

Hen is a total nutcase
24th October 2006, 11:27 AM
The R33 pump will be fine (though overkill) for a lift pump. Hardcore 180s/WRXs/other cars often use the stock in tank pump as a lift and add a surge tank and a second big pump to feed the rail.

Also the fuel pressure regulator sets the rail pressure, dont change this and your pressures will be fine.

Just check that the R33 pump will actually fit through the hole in the tank. I know an S13 pump only just fits, and wont with the stadard mount.

Hen