PDA

View Full Version : MMMMMM i was thinking.....

sledpilot
25th October 2006, 11:19 AM
I was thinking, the trueno fronts look real sweet, if i was to get a half cut with most of the parts, would it be possible to put it on a sprinter, like the grill and lights ect????? or is this just a stupid idea, i havent found much on the net, so im guessing that it cant be done?? or is it just better to buy a trueno in the first place??? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

any help would be great!

rthy
25th October 2006, 11:22 AM
yes

v-tec
25th October 2006, 11:26 AM
Probably alot easier to buy a trueno in the first place... that said its not that easy to find a trueno, but you have to divy up the odds of finding a trueno half cut of an actual car.

I think a few people have done this, and it all fits cause its the same car

sledpilot
25th October 2006, 11:39 AM
ok then, what about gettiong it engineered ect, i have a few connections that can get me tha 'cut and panel shops that can cut me a good deal, but what about rego ect????

ke70dave
25th October 2006, 12:08 PM
would it even need to be engineered? cuase your not changing anything except for panels and lights right? and i cant see why it would worry the rego, just gota somehow tell them it has popup lights? maybe?

ive never heard of a onevia or sileighty being engineered just for changing panels/lights

Gilly
25th October 2006, 01:20 PM
to be honest i don'yt thin, you'll find all the parts you need unless you import them, at great expense i might add. might be worth selling your Levin or ADM sprinter and buying a Trueno.

you have to think about importing the parts, repainting them to suit your car, even then it will look weird as the front half of the car will be nice new paint and the rest just stock 20 yr old faded paintwork.

definately better just to buy a trueno!!!

flamingheads
25th October 2006, 07:00 PM
But if you could find a trueno half cut and use/sell the engine etc then stick all the panels on your car it would work. Probably make the car worth a little more or at least easier to sell.

selk
25th October 2006, 08:19 PM
just import a trueno & be ready to fork out atleast 12gs