PDA

View Full Version : Bracket ideas?

RU4-86Drift
30th October 2006, 08:16 PM
Hey, I have an AE86 with 4age from an AE92 and alternator is on the passenger sides and the bracket and alternator don't look right, also it has V belt pulleys. I am not sure but don't most 4age have the alternator on the driver's side with 5 rib pulleys?

I need a better bracket because this one is giving me beef always rocking its self loose, I would also like the alternator on the Drivers side with 5rib pulleys. If this change is possible what bracket, alternator and pulleys should I use e.g. 4agze, 20v, JDM 4age and how much will it cost?

If you have had this problem or know how to fix it please give me some insight.

Thank you

mikewestphoto
30th October 2006, 10:23 PM
AE82 bracket and pulleys.

driftism
1st November 2006, 04:38 PM
I made mine out of various brackets that bolted to the block, and a custom one that mounted to the top of the altenator... This moved it to the exhaust side, which i had to do, seeing as i had a JDM 4age.. .and JDm brackets are imposible to get... and expensive.

If yours has a fwd water pump on it... use ae82 twin cam brackets

slydar
1st November 2006, 07:33 PM
some one has fitted ae86 4ac brackets and pulleys to your car.

you can use any FWD NA 4age pulleys and brackets, but you will have to use the water pump and external thermostat too.

or if you want to keep your rwd water pump, youll need a proper ae86 alternator bracket. i wouldnt expect to pay less than $200 for this part. if you can source it. which wont be easy.

this is almost the entire reason why shagged out old rwd 4ages are worth about 3 to 4 times the amount youll pay for a fwd one.

RU4-86Drift
3rd November 2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks all