PDA

View Full Version : JDM alternator harness, use AE82/92?

Gilly
26th November 2006, 02:00 PM
just realised i don't have a Alternator harness for my JDM 16v. curious as to whether AE82's and AE92's use the same circle 3 pin plug on the back of the alternator, as it would be easier to find one of these than a JDM harness. even the plug for the alternator would help and i can just make my own harness.

subsequently if anyone has a spare 4AGE alternator harness drop us a pm.

had a look at a spare 4AC alternator i have and it uses a 3 pin plug on the back of a different shape. uses I, E and N pins. i assume the 4AGE alternator uses the same pin identification however it is not marked on the alternator body itself and don't want to assume that the pis are the same on either alternator.

if this was the case i could presumably just modify the harness length to suit and change the fuse/circuit breaker to suit the higher amperage (if need be)?

keen to get it all sorted by next week so i can start the swap.

70XIN
26th November 2006, 02:03 PM
just realised i don't have a Alternator harness for my JDM 16v. curious as to whether AE82's and AE92's use the same circle 3 pin plug on the back of the alternator, as it would be easier to find one of these than a JDM harness. even the plug for the alternator would help and i can just make my own harness.

subsequently if anyone has a spare alternator harness drop us a pm.

keen to get it all sorted by next week so i can start the swap.[/b]

hey mate,

me and electronics don't mix in the slightest, but if it's any help, cressida alternators use that same circle 3-pin plug that a JDM 4AGE uses http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Gilly
26th November 2006, 02:10 PM
yeah i'm not the biggest fan of wiring (traumatic 20v wiring experience)

thanks for that, will keep that in mind

Gilly
26th November 2006, 03:47 PM
SORTED, will post results in later tech article i've promised.

still feel free to answer though to help others.

parrot
26th November 2006, 09:20 PM
I have a spare JDM charge/headlight loom but would have to have my arm well twisted to part with it. You can take it that unless you are really keen, don't bother. I tend to hoard everything!

Gilly
26th November 2006, 10:28 PM
found out how to do it and it seems to be quite simple, using a modded 4ac harness

you need the JDM body loom to run the JDM charge harness etc. thanks for the offer though!! hoard away!!!

parrot
27th November 2006, 10:21 AM
I love getting naked in the shed and rolling around on top of my JDM bits.