PDA

View Full Version : delete plz

Orange hachi
26th November 2006, 07:09 PM
hey pplz. my bro is having trouble gettin his car engineered because its running microtech and its pretty hard to get it right on them.
so does anyone know of a place where they are easy to pass or dodgy around sydney area?
the car is all properly done and all but the emission testing is gonna be a bit hard to pass.

psychofox
26th November 2006, 07:17 PM
why is it difficult to tune a microtech to pass emissions?

you just run the car a bit leaner, closer to stoich mixtures and it should pass emissions....

Orange hachi
26th November 2006, 07:26 PM
why is it difficult to tune a microtech to pass emissions?

you just run the car a bit leaner, closer to stoich mixtures and it should pass emissions....[/b]

the tuner had told me that the microtech doesn't like to run lean or something.
microtech aren't really good thats what he's tellin me

selk
26th November 2006, 09:29 PM
pm'd

Orange hachi
26th November 2006, 09:34 PM
thanks mate

psychofox
27th November 2006, 09:16 PM
Tell your tuner he's an idiot. Any programmable ECU can be made to run 'lean' or 'rich' or whatever you want - that's the whole point of it!!!

steroidchickens
27th November 2006, 09:50 PM
from what i have heard off sevrel engineerers it is near impossible to get a car engineered with any aftermarket ecus these days.
the easiest way is to hide the computer and get it engineered as a stock ecu. thats what i will be doing. it is to expansive to get another tune just for emissions, and alot of the time it doesnt pass anyway.

Orange hachi
27th November 2006, 10:35 PM
from what i have heard off sevrel engineerers it is near impossible to get a car engineered with any aftermarket ecus these days.
the easiest way is to hide the computer and get it engineered as a stock ecu. thats what i will be doing. it is to expansive to get another tune just for emissions, and alot of the time it doesnt pass anyway.[/b]
yeah we will definitely hide it but still need the emission test done because it getting turboed
so i just wanna find some1 who doesn't want/need emission testing done to pass it
im sure theres some dodgy ones around.

steroidchickens
27th November 2006, 10:53 PM
i dont think it is a good idea to put up any names or contact details of any dodgy engineers as this is a public forum.

Orange hachi
27th November 2006, 11:07 PM
i dont think it is a good idea to put up any names or contact details of any dodgy engineers as this is a public forum.[/b]
yeah ur right