PDA

View Full Version : sr20de into ke70 (non turbo)

juzzo84
30th November 2006, 09:03 AM
Hey guys, im just about to start fitting my sr20de into my daily slider, just wondering if you have to modify the sump of the sr20 to fit it around the ke70 engine xmember? im aware that these engines should be mounted low and to the rear of the engine bay, so i was going to cut the s13 xmember mounts that i have off and weld them on the ke70 xmember, is this the best approach?
also has anyone fitted a complete s13 brake conversion onto a ke70? any suggestions would be great.
Please note, im trying to keep this project to an absolute minimum in costs, so all work will be completed by myself except the exhaust and the ballancing of the custom tailshaft which i will make myself.
I also have a complete s13 that i can take parts from, so if there are any parts that i can use off this other car that people have fitted into a ke/ae please let me know that would be awesome.
Regards
justin

juzzo84
30th November 2006, 10:12 AM
ok guys i have answered my own question about the xmembers as they are the same shape!, with the mounts cut off, but does this affect the placement of the sump.?
thanks
justin

ke70dave
30th November 2006, 11:26 AM
about the brake's, there is a MASSIVE thread about putting s13 stuff into an ae86 in the tech articles, and since all ae86 suspension is interchangable with ke70 stuff, i assume it all applies to ke70's? i hope so cause im doin s13 coilovers/brakes into my KE soon

juzzo84
30th November 2006, 02:51 PM
ok, i will check it out, THANKS