PDA

View Full Version : i'm buying a Hachi!

Ade_Mc
4th December 2006, 06:07 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif hi folks,
i'm not a newby..i hope! i've loved hachi's ever since i saw my uncle's one back in the late 80's!
well any how i'm actually in the UK! but i'm coming home early next year sometime!
And a good friend of mine is holding an ADM levin for me.
its typical a little rough, the body is straight, paint is slightly faded, and has a bit of rust above the
windscreen, and a bit on the back. it still retains the 4AC, and the clutch is on the way out!
its has 2 bucket seats and a cat back exhurst.
besides that its stock as a 20 yr old rock!
also the rego is out...so when i get back it will have to go over to the pits! which will suck ass!
his asking $3000!!!! i told him to eat a dick! i'm willing to hand over a little over 2G's but i think 3G's
is a bit much!.....as 2 year ago i had the chance to buy a white one with 4AGE, king springs, 14'' replica wanatabes for $3500!!!

any advise with an exceptable price range would be helpful! as the more denhiro i have the fatter the hachi will become!

tell me what you think! cheers
(oh and hachi's here are rare as dogs ball's, and fucken expensive! i saw one go for £6,000!!! haha)
180sx, and old skool supra's are cheap though....but taxs here is a killer!

regards
-Ade_Mc-
peace out AE86-town

Wally
4th December 2006, 06:09 AM
have a look on the for sale section, it will give you an idea of what they are going for...

ae71
4th December 2006, 09:22 AM
depending on actual condition 3k probaly isnt too much, if is a little much thats probaly the most you would want to pay, but they ahve gone up in price dramaticly in resent year or 2. bit hard to give you a actual defineate price to what it is worth but surtainaly they have gone up. try bargining him down a bit every doller that you save with the purchous can be put into getting it on the road. or tell him to buy a nw clutch for it..

rthy
4th December 2006, 04:35 PM
donno about the uk but 2-3k AUD seems to be normal here

Wally
4th December 2006, 07:42 PM
hopefully the tak tax will fade off, its getting better, but yeah still some people charge an arm and a leg lol...

hopefully will be good when i finally get my next 86. it should be all planned by the too.

Gilly
4th December 2006, 10:39 PM
it sucks but that's the way it is now. just pay it, you'll sell it again for that price anyway.

i paid $2750 for a stocker, not mint but no rust http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

retrodan
5th December 2006, 10:06 AM
my jap import in uk cost me as first uk owner £4500 and tidy few bits up would sell for £6000 plus and the pound is like 2.5 times ur aus dollor so yes very rare and f in expensive over here!! $3000 sounds cheap as chips to me mate!!

hillclimb86
5th December 2006, 10:18 PM
i think the prices on sprinters are fair how often do you see one getting around its not takumi tax its the fact they are getting harder to find a good one but if your too tight then you can always get a ke just as good imo

SEXY 16
6th December 2006, 10:10 AM
WHY ARE PRICES FOR AE86S SO EXPENSIVE IN THE UK
fact of the mater there is none left in the uk
they all went on vacation over the sea to ireland in the past 20 years slowely and by 1994 they were leaving in the dozens to enjoy a new life of rev limiting donuts and wheel spinning antics
6k pounds in ireland now buys a shitter good 1 now go 10k pounds plus
i remember buying them for 800 pound in 1996 selling them within 48 hours and flying back over
even unrepairable scrap now is still 2k pounds plus
toyota ireland parts department would not survive only for the amount of these cars being restored with all new parts
they have a cult following bigger than japan hense the price
only there is a 2 door 2000 sti impressa worth less than a good ae86
i have seen guys selling cossies evos sti skylines to go back to 86s and they are an itch that is very hard to scratch
i still have 2 there and when i was last at home i sold my 87 majenta red e plate 1 for 11k pound needing restored underneeth

sexy

rthy
7th December 2006, 04:45 PM
those irish levins are hooot