PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

LT1974GT
5th December 2006, 09:05 AM
Hi

This might sound really dumb but i'm doing a favour for a friend...
My mate bought a AE86 on ebay last night but the amount he got it for more than he wanted the car for he said. The total amount for the car $3,750 but its totally stock as a rock, now his not sure if he wants to buy it or not now. Can anyone with knowledge about sprinters tell me if its worth it or not so i can let him know.

Here are some photos of the car he sent me and the description on ebay..

1983 AE86 TOYOTA SPRINTER COMLETELY STOCK EXCEPT FOR PIONEER HEAD DECK, SONY SPLITS UP FRONT AND TINTED WINDOWS. INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR IN GOOD CONDITION ALTHOUGH DOES HAVE SOME RUST REPAIRS AND AN AVERAGE SPRAY/ACCIDENT REPAIR JOB ON DRIVERS SIDE REAR QUARTER. (SEE PHOTO) I HAVE OWNED THE CAR FOR THE PAST YEAR AND IT HAS NEVER MISSED A BEAT, VERY RELIABLE AND CHEAP TO RUN 4AC. (COULD DO WITH A 4AG TRANSPLANT THOUGH). REGO UNTIL APRIL, TYRES ARE ALL ABOUT 80%.

NOTE: GEAR BOX MAKES A HIGH PITCHED WHINING SOUND. STILL FEELS SMOOTH, SELECTS AND DRIVES WELL THOUGH.

ANy good advice would be good...

Thanks

balistic
5th December 2006, 09:16 AM
Whats the problem? He bid more than he wanted? Not much you can do there mate. I would say that price might be a bit too much, but he should have though of that before he bid that much? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Jason
5th December 2006, 09:38 AM
yeah have to agree ^

juzzo84
5th December 2006, 09:39 AM
i was bidding on this sprinter!

poh_86
5th December 2006, 10:10 AM
wtf
that thing jumped 1.5grand 7 hours before it ended

ae86hachiroku
5th December 2006, 10:17 AM
not worth it

redsprinter
5th December 2006, 10:20 AM
yeah i agree aswell . a bit too much for a stock sprinter. and yeah i was keeping an eye on this one, it double from what i last saw it. max i would pay for a stock one is 2.5k and even at that i would be umming and errring.

juzzo84
5th December 2006, 10:39 AM
my highest bid on it was $1500

Joel-AE86
5th December 2006, 10:43 AM
How can you overbid on Ebay?

Clearly you dont bid more money than you can afford! If you aren't the highest bidder, and the price is above what you can afford...you simply don't bid!

Overpriced junk imo.

LordNafe
5th December 2006, 11:26 AM
The coulour is kinda cool http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif But as said, you know how muhc is the amx you'd pay... If you put in a bid higher than that, it's your problem http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

bahnugget
5th December 2006, 11:34 AM
like everyone else said.. not worth it and obviously your friend is pretty dumb for entering more than he was willing to pay?

LT1974GT
5th December 2006, 01:19 PM
yeah i agree with u guys! i dont know what he was thinking...but thanks for the comments! much appreciated!

If he decides to sell i'll post it to see if anyone wants to buy it! haha..

defect
5th December 2006, 02:26 PM
wow the amount people pay for sprinters these days
its crazy!

parkerlewis
5th December 2006, 02:44 PM
As and ebay store owner, there is nothing worse than when someone wants to make their mind up after commiting to buy. You friend has taken the chance away for someone else to buy this car, and taken away the sellers opportunity to sell it to someone else too. If he relists it due to your friend not buying, then he looks dodgy, because everyone will email him next time around saying 'I thought this sold, why is it for sale again?' etc..

poh_86
5th December 2006, 03:12 PM
yeah i agree with u guys! i dont know what he was thinking...but thanks for the comments! much appreciated!

If he decides to sell i'll post it to see if anyone wants to buy it! haha..[/b]

so he decides he's gonna buy it and then sell it because it was too expensive? nobody is going to pay that much for what he bought it for he's just gonna loose more money and be worse off in the first place. dont make another stupid mistake, if u dont want it dont buy it. not having a go at you or anything but maybe some logical thinking would help make the wise decision right? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

[MET]
5th December 2006, 05:13 PM
FOOK THAT, buy one of the 4AGEs 86s in the FORSALE section on here for $5000 over that POS for $3750

Monk
5th December 2006, 05:32 PM
If your mate didnt wanan pay that much why did he put his max bid that high?
and dotn tell me it was a typo because ebay makes your check your entered price, and still you have a period where you can retract your bid if you accident typed in the wrong amount.

in short your mates a dickhead and if you dont know how to use ebay then dont bid on it.

i think your friend might find his niche in flower arranging or some other hsit that fits his mentality.

Gilly
5th December 2006, 07:09 PM
your "mate" isn't you is it? that would suck.

as everyone else has said, too bad, overpriced, payed too much etc etc and so on......

HYPNTK
5th December 2006, 09:34 PM
well it can go one of 2 ways...#1. he coughs up coz he commited (or could try getting the price down a little you never know)
#2. he can refuse to pay and get 1 more negative feedback on his eBay rep. (this is so dodgy and i wouldn't do it but i sort of feel for him overbidding because he got caught up in ae86 fanatasism http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif)

[MET]
5th December 2006, 10:21 PM
If you dont want it, just email the guy and tell him, its no big deal you will most probably get neg feedback but who cares unless you are a massive ebay user, I'd sure as hell rather have -1 feedback over paying about $1000 too much for a shtbox

slipidyslapdarat
6th December 2006, 03:52 AM
I bought my kouki 1987 panda TRD factory optioned GT-Apex which is a jap-spec for all the retards, for 6k landed anyone that pays more than $500 for a fuckin aus-spec with a 4ac and no lsd is a retard!

LT1974GT
6th December 2006, 08:45 AM
your "mate" isn't you is it? that would suck.

as everyone else has said, too bad, overpriced, payed too much etc etc and so on......[/b]

HAHA no no! its not me! if it was i would keep it too myself and not say it on a forum where i know i would smashed for doing such a thing! hahaha....

I told my friend to have a look at what u guys sed...and i dont think his gonna buy it!

Thanks for your help with this everyone, and knocking some sense into him!

your comments are much appreciated!

HYPNTK
6th December 2006, 03:43 PM
I bought my kouki 1987 panda TRD factory optioned GT-Apex which is a jap-spec for all the retards, for 6k landed anyone that pays more than $500 for a fuckin aus-spec with a 4ac and no lsd is a retard![/b]

you're a fuckstick

hilux08
6th December 2006, 11:29 PM
QUOTE(vivas @ Dec 6 2006, 03:52 AM)
I bought my kouki 1987 panda TRD factory optioned GT-Apex which is a jap-spec for all the retards, for 6k landed anyone that pays more than $500 for a fuckin aus-spec with a 4ac and no lsd is a retard!

hahahaha i will take two!

no seriously i will

GAKI86
8th December 2006, 10:26 PM
QUOTE(vivas @ Dec 6 2006, 03:52 AM)

hmm ill sell my current ae85 for 2k and buy 3 ADMs for $533.66 each.. then that should leave me at least $399 for a Nintendo Wii... sounds like the Win / Wii for me...