View Full Version : sc12 turning backwards?

mattysshop
5th December 2006, 09:27 AM
hey in theory it should work the same if an sc12 is used turning backwards, just need to swap the intake onto the otherside, and the charged air will come out the other side right??

eg.. running on a honda engine..

it may not last particularly long i can understand that.. but has anyone actually tried it??

Jason
5th December 2006, 09:40 AM
Haven't tried it, although it seems to make the same amount either way when you hand turn it, the rotors are symmetrical so I can't see how it would make a difference in performance, gears im not so sure.

Hen is a total nutcase
5th December 2006, 11:37 AM
It should work fine. There's nothing I can think of that would change given that it is spinning the other way.

Possibly the tooth profile on the gears connecting the shafts, though the difference would be 2/5 of 5/8 of you know what.

Give it a shot. It is only a Honda engine after all...

Hen

mattysshop
5th December 2006, 11:40 AM
yeh.. stuff the magnetic pully off also.. cheaper than a falcon a/c pully.. a few tac's with the TIG.. 5psi... VTEC ULLEEHHH!!!

Hen is a total nutcase
5th December 2006, 11:55 AM
OMG, OMG fooli sik and hektik bro, did you hear da flutta az VTEC kicked in yo. I gotta get my cuzzin to put da SC14 on my Honda now bro.

ke70dave
5th December 2006, 05:09 PM
hmm i dunoo guys, it might push some air out, but woudlnt the blades be specifically designed to only spin in one direction? my guess is it will still push air out, but not nearly as much...

Hen is a total nutcase
5th December 2006, 05:37 PM
SC12s dont have blades. They have two peanut shaped lobes. They are totally symerical (or maybe rotationally symettrical is the correct term, I'm not sure) so running them backwards gives exactly the same situation as running them forwards.

Therefore it should all work fine.

Hen

ke70dave
5th December 2006, 05:47 PM
sorry my bad