PDA

View Full Version : surge tank ideas

dustyae86
6th December 2006, 01:49 PM
hey guys i just got a new fuel tank cause mine is leaking pretty bad and have got a vl turbo external pump i was just wondering how everyone has mounted them have they gone to the wreckers and just gotten a bracket or what....

>>>>>>>> below is the currnet question i need answered

also i am gettin a small surge tank built around 500ml cause i dont see the need for a massive one for a 1.6l and whats everyones opinion on using a lift pump do you think it is really necessary???

v-tec
6th December 2006, 02:09 PM
Im not too sure on surge tanks, but i have the same fuel pump.
I just wedged it between the middle brace that holds the fuel tank up.
I also got the actual Vl bracket tho, which comes with a foam covering etc so that helps out with that.

Brenton 86
6th December 2006, 04:26 PM
I placed mine under the car behind the drivers side next to the chassis rail. If you have a look their is a very nice indent and it sits in ther protected if you ever bottom out. Seen many ae86s use the same place.

Should also mention it needs to be outside the cabin to be legal or just to save yourself from the fumes

dustyae86
6th December 2006, 04:51 PM
I placed mine under the car behind the drivers side next to the chassis rail. If you have a look their is a very nice indent and it sits in ther protected if you ever bottom out. Seen many ae86s use the same place.

Should also mention it needs to be outside the cabin to be legal or just to save yourself from the fumes[/b]

yeh i was going to do it outside might have to put it on the hoist and check it out how about the lift pump any suggestions?