PDA

View Full Version : Converting from Digi to Analog dash - AE86

Stomp86
4th January 2007, 04:02 PM
As in the topic....i need to fix my speedo...

my car has been stickered for much too long and as i didnt much care about the speedo before...just used the tacho as a makeshift one...which also removed the 180 kph speed limiter...but now i have to fix the damn thing

the problem i was having was that the cable was not being turned by the gearbox so i tried to fix that and it seemed that the cable is in one piece and the gearbox sender works and the dash worked but it all didnt work together....im at a point where ive just about given up so im being lazy and posting on here

since i started messing about with it i seem to have buggered it up completly and now even the green didgits on my dash dont light up...so

my choices are as i see them...

convert to analog

try to fix digi

get aftermarket one...but from what i researched its about $800

if someone has had issues with this crap before can u plz throw me a bone...i would like to go to analog dash and just use that speedo but when i tried to wire into it it just feked shit up...

i hate the digital dash so i dont mind changing to analog just need some info on what wire goes where...so if someone has some info on how to rewire it, and how to make the cable and gearbox work together, plz post...thanx

Adam

riceburner
5th January 2007, 08:00 PM
Go to analogue, fuk that digi stuff off.

A few thing thou, on your analogue cluster, your fuel, water and oilpressure gauges wont work, analogue uses a different signals in the sendors.

And the wiring is different, so you will probably have the check engine light come on and off because you have no speed signal to the ecu.

Jonny Rochester
5th January 2007, 11:44 PM
Whatever you do, don't throw the digi dash and sender unit away. If it sort of looks ok, someone can fix it. Or someone will buy it, let me know.

Stomp86
6th January 2007, 11:51 AM
yeh my fuel and water temp dont work now so im not worried....i have a couple analog senders laying around....its just rewiring it is a bitch...its like 30 wires and i have tried doing it before just couldnt make it work...

but the other thing is the gearbox end...does that little bit that the speedo slides into wear out normally or what? Maybe just changing to another digi dash and a new speedo cable might do it...bah this is a stupid f'n problem to have