PDA

View Full Version : Idle at 2,700RPM

dirty_86
14th January 2007, 07:09 PM
hey guys

Car : Toyota Sprinter AE86 1983
Engine : 4A-GE Bluetop 86kw ( recently put in ex 4A-C )
Engine Mangement: Stock AE82 Computer

Just trying to find soulitions on how to fix my idling problem its a bit out there 2,700RPM. I've done what people have told me and that was to clean the air valve out ( bottom of the Throttle Body ) have done that did not fix idle at all. No vaccum leaks and dizzy timing is set right

Help would be muchly appreciated

cheeers

jace

flamingheads
14th January 2007, 11:03 PM
This is probly a stupid question but have you looked at adjusting the accelerator cable to let it idle lower?
Sometimes people overlook the obvious things...

Dish
14th January 2007, 11:56 PM
There's an idle screw adjustment on the throttle body if the cable loosening doesn't work. Haven't tried adjusting my throttle by the screw, but yeah. Give it a go.

hilux08
15th January 2007, 12:22 AM
had a high idle when i did the same conversion, not that high.

take the air filter off and check the butterfly is fully closed at idle.

check the idle screw wind it all the way down.

could be thermostat missing warmin up style.(but 2700rpm too high for that me thinks)

check vacuum leaks, and wiring(could be wired wrong)

mattysshop
15th January 2007, 09:13 AM
sounds like a vacuum leak..

deanoo
15th January 2007, 12:08 PM
theres also another thing u can try on top of the throttle body theres a lil pipe if thats not blocked off that also makes ur revs higher

i posted a pic and i highlited it in red... its a bit hard to see but try and zoom in

dirty_86
15th January 2007, 09:34 PM
hey guys

thanks for the response this is with the accelerater cable off, idle screw all the way down and the butterfly all the way closed.. its sucking air at a hole before the butterfly which looks to end up on the other side?.. i was told to block of the auxailry air valve as there is no coolant lines running to it anyway.. get an aliminum plate to cover it. Im sure there is no vaccum leak as my vaccum gauge reads 25 ingh.. i poured water on the manifold to check for leaks.. it was all good..

cheers

jace