PDA

View Full Version : Trueno Kouki vs Zenki

tauhu86
20th March 2009, 07:33 PM
are the headlamps, front guards, and fender signal lamps the same?

only the grill, bumper and bumper lamps are different. Am I right?

Looked up on the internet, and also looked at many pictures.. just want to make sure.

Cheers guys

Clinton
21st March 2009, 01:30 AM
exterior is different with front bar, indicator lights. 99% sure grille is the same. also the tail lights are different too. zenki has the license plate lights in the body of the car and the kouki has them built into the tail light assembly

tauhu86
21st March 2009, 02:07 AM
by indicator lights, did u mean the fender indicators or the bumper indicators?
the fender lights look the same, but i'm not 100% sure

I just want to know about the front end...

todd
21st March 2009, 03:15 AM
fender lights are the same.

hao.
21st March 2009, 03:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the zenki and kouki Trueno fender indicators are different from one another. Here are a couple of pics I found to show you the differences:

Zenki:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/9/0/9445.jpg

Kouki:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/9/0/9446.jpg

From the pics you can see that the zenki headlamp plastic bit and the fender indicators have a black surrounding whereas the kouki ones have a darkened orange surrounding, if that makes sense. lol. The front bumpers (and probably their brackets?) are different to each other. I'm not too sure about whether the zenki and kouki grilles differ from each other.

Clinton
21st March 2009, 05:05 AM
my bad i ment the indicators in the bar are different. lulz i forgot the brackets too haha. umm fender indicators or def different (look at hao's visual explaination. it was somethign i was going to do this morning, but i was hell wrecked

slydar
21st March 2009, 09:04 AM
exterior is different with front bar, indicator lights. 99% sure grille is the same. also the tail lights are different too. zenki has the license plate lights in the body of the car and the kouki has them built into the tail light assembly

i find it amusing Clinton how you are always wrong. lol. sorry man, its just a bit funny :)

everything is different. fender indicators, trim on the headlights to match, bar, bar brackets ect ect. its just alot less noticeable on a trueno.

and also with the tail lights. underneath, they use the same lights. its just the kouki set up has the garnish over the top. the lights are still attached to the body, not part of the center panel.

trueno85
21st March 2009, 07:50 PM
grille is different its a 3 slat one on zenki and kouki is a two slat with vertical slats

Poobrown86
24th March 2009, 09:28 AM
Kouki headlights are also different, hardly, but they have a different cover on them and the brackets for the grill are diff.