PDA

View Full Version : removing steering wheel

hilton
4th February 2007, 02:27 PM
hey guy, i was just trying to take my steering wheel off so i could try out my steering boss kit. but, i took the centercap off, undid the nut off the spline thingo, and then i cant get the steering wheel off??? is there something else i have to do or should it come off? or what i have to do to get it off?? any help is much apreciated:) thanks hilton.

Sprinterboy
4th February 2007, 02:33 PM
srew the nut back on a few threads and wiggle the wheel up and down with a bit of force, and she'll come off, well become lose so you can then undo the nut and take it off, if you dont have the nut on chances are you smack yourself in the head with the wheel, seen it happen many a time.

hilton
4th February 2007, 02:38 PM
yea i just tried that and got nothing : (

hilton
4th February 2007, 02:42 PM
hahaha i bashed the living daylites out of it with my 2 fists then it decided to co-operate and slide off:D:D:D:D:D:D

dirty_86
4th February 2007, 02:56 PM
i did mine last night put in like 3 threads GRAB THE STEERING WHEEL WITH 2 HANDS SHAKE THE F**K OUTtA IT LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN whilte pulling back =) NUT MUST BE SCREWED IN or it will hurt.. and ill let u find out the hard way ahaha so screw the nut in!

seek
4th February 2007, 04:39 PM
If you cant get it you can actually buy a steering wheel puller that clamps on and you wind the nut down to pull the wheel off.

hilton
4th February 2007, 06:31 PM
If you cant get it you can actually buy a steering wheel puller that clamps on and you wind the nut down to pull the wheel off.[/b]

ohh tru, i got the standard wheel off and my boss kit on but i dont hav ma steering wheel yet. and th eboss kit is stuck on now http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

callum1
4th February 2007, 10:54 PM
i have a tool that looks like a chicken foot. with a long bolt thing that sticks throught the middle. you bolt it to the wheel then screw the bolt down and it buts pressure on the bolt in the middle of the wheel. then it just pops off.