PDA

View Full Version : silver 20v

deafkid
4th February 2007, 07:22 PM
soon i be buying a silver top 20v for my ae86. how much should i pay?
what things should i look for when buying?
does the t 50 box bolt straight up if not what do i have to do to make this gear box work? fly wheel, clutch etc?
engine mounts?
will i have to get an engineers cert?
am only new to this car so any info would be great guys and girls

cheers jamie http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

newzero01
4th February 2007, 08:45 PM
hey jamie yea should bolt straight up to your t50 im doin a 20v turbo conversion into an ae71 well gettin it started soon anyway & your going to need a conversion kit theres a guy sellin these kits on here check tech articles i paid $600 (mates rates) for my 20v complete
good luck mate

ae86 drifter
6th February 2007, 12:27 PM
sounds like u got ripped.i paid $500 complete with one months warranty,and that wasnt mates rates

rthy
6th February 2007, 06:04 PM
who sold this kit?

hey deafkid do you know its not too easy to install? if your paying someone to do it then thats a very expensive way to get power

deafkid
6th February 2007, 06:25 PM
i can do all the work my self my old man done many engine conv befor
what the biggest issuse with this conv? if i buy all the parts to sort the cooling side of things out what eles is there. that why am asking these q's so i can get more info about this
cheers

gottago
6th February 2007, 06:51 PM
this definately isnt a hard conversion... if u seen what i had to do to my datto's this is a walk in the park

u gotta swap the fuel system to efi, which means surge tank life pump and efi pump. or convert the tank with a bigger outlet, possibly run bigger fuel lines??? not to sure on the current sized ones, its only a 1.6 injected motor anyway dont use much fuel.

u gotta move the alternator and water pump over or use one of those water re-route kits.. i think the 4ac water pump bolts on and u move the alternator to the other side ( passenger side) and it all works. thats wats on mine anyway. i bought it converted. then re-wire it and exhaust and check to see what rad u want to use to.. and twin thermo's ofcourse.. not sure about throttle cable either but it aint hard to mod one

do sum searching on the net man look up 20v into ae86

spoon
6th February 2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11626

lo_rolla
6th February 2007, 08:28 PM
So you guys would pay $500 for a secon hand motor.

Say I had a spare one and I decided to strip it, acid wash it, flex hone it, clean the pistons, new rings, regrind the crank, resize rod big ends, all new race series bearing, new head gasket and put back together...

How much would you pay for that (inlcuding quads and shit like that)?

Monk
6th February 2007, 10:16 PM
this definately isnt a hard conversion... if u seen what i had to do to my datto's this is a walk in the park

u gotta swap the fuel system to efi, which means surge tank life pump and efi pump. or convert the tank with a bigger outlet, possibly run bigger fuel lines??? not to sure on the current sized ones, its only a 1.6 injected motor anyway dont use much fuel.

u gotta move the alternator and water pump over or use one of those water re-route kits.. i think the 4ac water pump bolts on and u move the alternator to the other side ( passenger side) and it all works. thats wats on mine anyway. i bought it converted. then re-wire it and exhaust and check to see what rad u want to use to.. and twin thermo's ofcourse.. not sure about throttle cable either but it aint hard to mod one

do sum searching on the net man look up 20v into ae86[/b]

then you gotta look at a new diff because your S series wont hold up.
and then you MAY have to look at a W series box unles syou got some spare
which also mean syou will need a custom bell housing.