PDA

View Full Version : R 4AC's easy to fix?

wulfen_X
23rd February 2007, 09:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Im lookin to buy an AE86. I really want to get an AGE4 but my budget wont allow it.

Any way i just wanted to find out how easy it is to replace/fix a lot of the problems associated with a 4ac sprinter?

I'm just afraid something is going to crap itself and I'm going to have to search endlessly for a replacement.

yoshimitsu9
23rd February 2007, 10:23 PM
if your worried about having to fix problems and cash flow then an ae86 isnt for u.

nuf said

i was all like ooh old corolla nothing will go wrong ever, 4 months later im fixing stuff and replacing bits constantly as with pretty much every other ae86 will say the same thing. and if your not going to do be doing all the work then it will be an extremely costly car

ke70dave
23rd February 2007, 10:44 PM
^^ i kinda agree with that but not really

an old corolla is a great car, but you do have to put in the effort, we're not talking changing the oil ever 5k effort. you've always got to be on the lookout for problems that might arise. if you maintain your old corolla continually then you wont have a problem.

then again if you just want to "buy and drive", you might want to look into something alot newer."\

if you get a sprinter, with the intention of keeping the 4ac then i cant see you having any issues so long as you are prepared to continually maintain it.

also be prepared to do alot of DIY'ing, if you are on a budget.

mechanics = $$$$$

to answer your question, old corollas are the easiest car ive worked on, so simple, yet so well built

my 2c http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

yoshimitsu9
23rd February 2007, 10:50 PM
i concur! they are easy to work on, atleast the can pick up an s series diff by my self imagine trying to pick up a commonwhore rear end

RobertoX
24th February 2007, 01:25 PM
If you have a limited budget then you may be forced to have a crappy old car that will have things going wrong with it, as far as crappy old cars go corollas are one of the most reliable. Like these guys have said they are also easy to work on so if you don't have any mechanics skills they are a good place to start learning...