PDA

View Full Version : 100kw small port and converting to a ze or te

stefan
7th March 2007, 01:47 PM
what is needed to do this?

i want 120-140 rwkw

i was thinking na but ze./te if more fun

um cams quads full rebuild and head work and new ecu

or turbo/blower but that needs piping coolers and new zorst and boost controler and timer etc

both works bout same cost but wats gonna be easier

the main factor is reliabliity!

Hen is a total nutcase
7th March 2007, 01:57 PM
That'd be toward the top of a ZE's power range. ZE with bigger pulley, good cooler, maybe bigger throttle would get you there. Aftermarket management makes it easier, but more expensive too.

Turbo would net that power easily. More work and more cost though.

Both of these options whould be very reliable if done properly. Always breaking if not done properly.

That power NA is going to be very highly strung, and very expensive. So no cheaper and less reliable.

Hen

Of course, that is assuming you're staying 4A. Other engines are available too. 3SGE could make that power reliably NA, still plenty of work required though.

stefan
7th March 2007, 02:29 PM
mmmm i get a 4age 100kw smallport

mattyshop said about 110rwkw with cams quads and head work balancing and ecu etc etc

so mmmm maby ze i had one b4 it was reliable as and was standard maby 110-120 rwkw

would be fine mmm cheers for that hen

Zak
7th March 2007, 07:16 PM
140KW is quite a big ask for a little 1600.

Not saying it's not doable, my car is proof that you can, but it's at a very big compromise. If you want that power easily, you want to go turbo.

My car running 10.5:1 Compression and 12Psi from the super charger Makes 145 at the wheels. But it is very very harsh on the street, mostly due to poor engine management.

If you supercharged your small port you would get similar results, an ECU would make a major difference to the drivability though. You don't have to sort out exhausts and stuff, just the charger, intercooler, piping and ecu.

Oh, my engine has been going strong for 2 or so years of track work, so I'd say it's pretty reliable.

gottago
7th March 2007, 09:18 PM
145 atw? is that a fairly stock setup computer or sumthing? i thought it owuld have more hp ay

my silvertop na makes 125hp at the wheels, you got a dyno graph or sum torque figures?

torque is what id be interested in..

ToySprinta
7th March 2007, 10:28 PM
I have 120rwkw at 10psi of boost. not pushing it that hard.
Its easy to get over 150 with the 4a's

mattysshop
8th March 2007, 08:44 AM
did i?? sure i didn't say rwhp?? 110rwkw is about 147rwhp... which is a bit of an ask even with a big set of cams, head work, raised compression (eg forged hi comp pistons) ecu, quads... the list goes on... but it wouldn't be very nice to drive around the place.. fast idle... kinda powerbandish...

plus a gze with less 'power' would walk on it as the tourque would be so much greater in a boosted engine..
a stock GZE into an 86 should yeild approx 100rwkw... mine made 104rwkw.. ran 13.9 sec quaters.. all stock just had my exhaust6 from the NA motor, and a fabricated front mount..

trust me.. thats plenty of power to have fun... 3rd gear drifting easy... then you can do things like mild set of cams.. like 256 duration, 4age tb, after market ecu, see where that gets you... then swap to a higher boost pully... should get a fair bit of power..

stefan
8th March 2007, 10:33 AM
i want streetable

i was thinking on my small port

polish port head 272 degcams stifer valve springs quads ecu full re build and balance internals wold 3d ecu

or do a motor swap and get a 4agze with a 175mm pulley and 256 deg cams and mild head work

but ive already got the 100kw small port just want more power!!!!!

Hen is a total nutcase
8th March 2007, 11:26 AM
100kw engine + ZE pistons and rings (available from Toyota) = GZE

You can go either way easily.

Also it has been pointed out above already. If you want streetable and the power figures you give above and 4A then you need forced induction.

Hen

stefan
8th March 2007, 11:33 AM
mmm pistons and rings easy as

then turbo would be a option running about 10-12psi

i would then need cooler, turbo timer, piping manafold and dump pipe

t25 turbo

anything else to get turbo setup?

mattysshop
8th March 2007, 02:42 PM
turbo timer's are for tryhards....

stefan
8th March 2007, 10:00 PM
are the mounting brackets for the super charger and alternator easy enough to get/?

also i was thinking of running a sc12 charger if going down the charger option

is a sc12 direct bolt in or do i need a sc14?

i was thinking aw111 mr2 blower

chat soon

also thatnk for helping out heaps with info all

ToySprinta
9th March 2007, 12:03 AM
sc12 is a direct bolt on, sc14 requires a bit or arsing about...

Zak
10th March 2007, 08:34 AM
145 atw? is that a fairly stock setup computer or sumthing? i thought it owuld have more hp ay

my silvertop na makes 125hp at the wheels, you got a dyno graph or sum torque figures?

torque is what id be interested in..[/b]

Stock Ecu with a gizzmo cam/fuel controler, it's tunned pretty safe though, but there are all ways limits with stock ecu's.

As for torque

100kg/m at 3000rpm going up to 119.5 at 5800rpm then tappering off down to 105 at 7300rpm.

I will try scan the graph if I can find the scanner.

mattysshop
11th March 2007, 09:31 AM
just incase you were interested thats from my relitivley stock GZE

stefan
13th March 2007, 03:00 PM
sweet mm turbo is looking like a more fun option!

but quads well??? either way ill need to get a new ecu!