PDA

View Full Version : Microtech LT-8 altitude compensation?

WHITCHY
10th March 2007, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know if the Microtech LT-8 has any sort of altitude compensation setting?
I was down at Wakefield on Friday, and heading down Thursday night, I noticed a massive loss of power about 3/4 of the way there, and it stayed like that all Friday, we put on the wideband 02 sensor on the way home today and the engine was running ridiculously lean (16:1 - 18:1) under heavy acceleration.
Thinking it was just a blockage or busted fuel pump or injector(s) I just drove home avoiding heavy acceleration, keeping my eye on the mixtures the whole time.
Then on the way home in roughly the same spot the car lost all its power I put my foot down and it accelerated normally and the mixtures were normal!
I have tried searching the net to find out the altitude differences between Castle Hill and Golbourn, and also if the LT8 has any altitude compensation, but I can't find anything!
Thanks for any info!
Cheers.
-Whitchy-

ae86trueno
10th March 2007, 10:55 PM
Are you running a map sensor, ?? as by my understanding as they sorta take care of the atmospheric veriation ?? Having said that i dont run one on my EMS in pure TPS mode and have never had any dramas going from Castle Hill To Goulburn .
But to answer your question Goulburn sits at about 2200 above sea level and castle Hill is about 250 above.
so it is a difference as yes air is less dense as you raise altitude, and as im sure you know temperature effects this as well.
And just some more usless facts you can usually go on a preassure change of 1 Hpa for 30 feet (9.1M) and local preassure cells plays a part as well

Ben.

Jonny Rochester
11th March 2007, 12:28 AM
MicroTech does not have altitude compensation. If you are in a new location, you could tune the car with Mixture Trim in microtech. It will change your whole fuel map by a percentage up or down.

Maybe you should run a air temp sensor and a air temp correction map in the microtech if you don't already.