PDA

View Full Version : ke70 wont start

kiwi
11th March 2007, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,
I am unable to start my car, and would appreciate any ideas people have to bring the old girl back to life.
Ill start from the beginning and tell u everything.
Put a new cd player in my car this mornig, as i was sick of listening to the factory fitted AM piece of ..... , any way i do not think that is the reason it wont start because iv had it running on and off through out the day.
I thought it would be a good idea to change the oils in the diff, gaerbox and motor, so i had already done the other two before i started the motor ( and had taken it for a drive around the block after changing each of the diff and gearbox).
Started of by putting the engine flush in the block and started the car, started up no worries. Now on the back of the bottle it says to leave it in for 15-20 min, so after 5 mins my hands got fidgetty and i decided to remove the heater hose that runs back to the firewall, because previosly it had cracked and the owner just put a bung in it.
Now this is where it starts, with the car running i decided to remove this heater hose, unfortunatly it runs just below the spark plug leads. As i was pulling and tugging at it to get it out i knocked one of the spark plug leads, and as i did the motor cut out, so i immeadetly stopped pullin which released the pressure put on the spark plug and the car fired back to life. I thought the smart thing to do would be to turn the motor off and remove this pipe, so turned the car off, removed the negative cable( dont ask why i did this) removed the pipe, put the negative cable back on went to start the car and all it would do is turn over, but would not actually fire and start. So then got angry blamed everything on the piece of pipe and took my fury out on it..... ahhh it relieved me somewhat but did not fix my problem.
So my car will turn over but will not start, as if it has no fuel or something,( yes there is half a tank of fuel in it), so please let the ideas why flow forth

20sil
11th March 2007, 07:29 PM
Well just check your spark plug leads again.

kiwi
11th March 2007, 07:43 PM
yea did that took them off and got a pair of long nose pliers in and closed the gap to try and make sure that there was contact to the spark plug

kiwi
12th March 2007, 06:25 PM
problem solved, i took spark plug lead off and stuck a screwdriver in the end to try and get a spark to the block whilst turning it over, no luck but after much searching this arvo i found the plastic knob inside the shaft of the plastic armature which spins inside the distributor cap was broken and thus allowing the armature to spin freely (instead of being fixed in one spot)and fire the cylinders in the incorrect order upon start up.
Will buy new dist cap and armature tomorrow, and this will fix it.
Thanks guys hope this helps anyone in a similar situation down the track

20sil
13th March 2007, 06:42 AM
You talkin about the rotor button in the dizzy?

kiwi
18th March 2007, 09:40 PM
Yea thats what the guy at repco told me it was,
Once i had knocked the spark plug and it fired back into life it had snapped probably because of the start up, but all fixed now. New rotor button and distributor cap, starts easier on the mornings now too.