PDA

View Full Version : ke70 handbrake cables

dr1ft-pig
13th March 2007, 09:13 AM
hey guys, im nearing completion of a 4age into ke70 and i have pu a s series diff in it........the s seriesbrake cables were way too short and icould not usethem....... now i have installed the ke70org warner cables to the s series diff... theese cables are slightly too short.....they fit in the the little splitter part whereit goes from 1 into two cables but now i can get the drums on as it has pulled the shos out from the cables being a tight fit..... now i have checked the adjustment on the handbrake lever itself and it is adjusted alll the way back so there is no more slack to be had in the cables....... any ideas guys...... need something today.....

cheers brendan

anastasios
13th March 2007, 10:12 AM
hmmmmmm we had this problem putting an s series into my brothers 71, but ive gone blank on how we fixed it...have u tried adjusting it on the lever? and making sure the lever is down?

Gilly
13th March 2007, 10:49 AM
I've just done this with a Tseries and KE70 handbrake cables. It should work in your situation as well.

under the car there is 4 cable mounting points, 2 each side.

Leave the rear 2 in place, undo the front 2 (10mm bolt with a c clip thing) don't reuse the C clip thing. Put the cable back in place and use the 10mm to hold the cble in the mount.

Really needs a pic

When you undo the middle mount the cables should want to pull forward and you'll see what i mean. The handbrake will function correctly using this method, even though it may look a little suss.

driftke70
13th March 2007, 02:14 PM
^^ correct

Gilly
13th March 2007, 05:08 PM
cool, i wasn't sure if that was an accurate enough description

dr1ft-pig
13th March 2007, 06:14 PM
cool as cheers 4 ya help gilly and cheers 4 da confirmation drift ke70... got it all in and done... cheers again