PDA

View Full Version : rim centres

hillclimb86
4th April 2007, 08:32 PM
just got my rim centres back from bead blasting came up good. Was going to paint them satin black but another colour could look good
the rim
[attachment=13950:attachment]
rim centre
[attachment=13952:attachment]
the car bars will be panda and black skirt
[attachment=13953:attachment]

i have colours in mind but after something different

jono86
4th April 2007, 09:24 PM
lookin good, whats the go with removing centres? is there a certain way? or do they have to be done up to a certain setting? i wanna paint my centres but dont wanna ruin my rims.

japlish
5th April 2007, 12:54 PM
Don't paint it panda won't look a tough as it does just white. I've seen a pic of a white ae from japan with black rear bumper and side skirts white front bar looked really cool. Paint the wheels either gold or silver. mat silver looks tougher than heaps shiny silver. Black just looks dull. And would look even worse on a white ae. And would be way too much black if you go panda.

MountainRunner
5th April 2007, 01:11 PM
just do em up tight no certain setting but its a bitch to take out so many bolts

Kerryx
6th April 2007, 04:55 PM
lol i sand blasted my centres on 2 of my wheels, exact same centre as those.. It took pretty much the whole day, with just a little compressor and had to keep on picking up the sand.. Came up sik though.. Replaced all the bolts with good stainless ones and painted the centres "Wrinkle" finish black.. How much did it set you back to get them blasted?

hillclimb86
6th April 2007, 06:58 PM
was $15 bucks a rim but the place that did them also did all my engine work, i tryed to use paint stripper but took ages and not as good. dcntly how much for bolts and where did you get them.

Kerryx
7th April 2007, 08:40 PM
I used a combination of both.. Paint stripper and sand blast, $15 each is worth it, took me like 2hours a wheel to do it myself i got the Bolts through my old mans work.. like 100 of them it cost like $400 retail, $80 trade, and free through oldies work