PDA

View Full Version : Car trailer........ Built for drift car!!! PRICE DROP!!!!!

Riverside
15th April 2007, 07:48 PM
Due to the exorbitant costs of getting my car back up to scratch, and quite large unforseen medical costs i am forced to sell my trailer.

As i am not competing in National events this year, i figure i could use the cash more than the trailer at the moment.

Specs are as follows.

Drop axle (designed for LOW cars)
Beaver tail (4" rear bed drop, again designed for use with low cars)
Extended draw bar for extra stability, specifically at highway speeds.
FIVE near NEW tyres (Done a few thousand klms)
Heavy duty winch.
Hydraulic disc brakes on front axle. Work very well.
Roll-formed guards
"nerf" bars
Checker-plate floor
Front cross bar has been kept LOW to enable lowered vehicles to overhang without tearing off bodykits etc.
Ramps slide away underneath rear of trailer for safe storage.
Trailer weight = 480KG!!!!!!
2 Tonne GVM
Rego till december 2007.

Even with my car riding 87mm off the ground (at the chassis), i have only ever had the exhaust scrape slightly........I cannot stress enough.........this trailer is great for LOW CARS.

I have travelled as far as Melbourne and Adelaide wih ths trailer, and found that even at highway speeds it is very stable. Most of you have seen it at the track, or even on the road, i have had a few people actually comment on how "stable" it sits when towing.

Unfortunately my digital camera is not working at the moment, but i have a pic of about 18months ago. Not alot has changed other than new tyres being fitted and it has sustained some stone chips from interstate travel.

It is painted in grey hammertone, this was done so that future touch-ups or respray was easy.

This is not a cheapo trailer, i have priced these up locally with similar specs new, and was quoted from several different companies around the 5000 dollar mark (with second hand tyres and no rego).

I am looking for $3700 O.N.O. for this trailer. Price DROP, now only $3400

If you are SERIOUS and have dollars available........Give me a call on 0402 807 417 to organise viewing etc.

Trailer located on the Gold Coast.

Please note.........URAS front bar (not pictured) DOES fit on car when on trailer.

MARKE70
15th April 2007, 09:06 PM
good price for this trailer i wish i had the coin, i see regular ones which are basically useless for a low car for 3000.

Sorry to hear bout your back nico, hope your all good and sliding again soon!!!

ke25 racer
15th April 2007, 11:40 PM
How far can you open the car door on the trailer?

wooley
16th April 2007, 02:10 AM
How far can you open the car door on the trailer?[/b]

not very far by the looks of it... but... thats what a windows for http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Riverside
16th April 2007, 08:22 AM
I really depends on the hieght of the car and the type of car. With that S13 87mm off the ground, the door was sitting about 10mm to low to open it. I have had my old AE71 on there (lowered) and it cleared easy. All drop axle type trailers have this problem.......one of the perils of having a low car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

I have never had any problems jumping in and out through the window.....might be difficult if you weigh over 100kg's though.

MARKE70.........my back? :s I think someone has been telling fibs. The medical costs are actually for my wifes' surgery. I am feeling pretty good. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

aaron_drift
16th April 2007, 11:18 PM
I've seen that trailer at a few track meets from memory, its awesome. Hope the surgery stuff goes well for the wife.

Aaron.

Riverside
20th April 2007, 09:04 AM
Still available.

Riverside
24th April 2007, 10:39 AM
Price DROP!!!!!!!! Now only $3400

mulkers
22nd June 2007, 12:46 AM
sorry to bring up an old thread, but i would like to see this, and pics aren't working

scott_20valvehachi
22nd June 2007, 07:53 AM
to the best of my knowledge this trailer has been sold.