PDA

View Full Version : Coilover + Brake upgrade

Felix
9th May 2007, 10:27 PM
This is a front coilover setup im looking at

ra60 struts, coilover conversion, stub axle modified to add another 3 deg neg camber, new wheel bearings, nissan z31 slotted rotors, spare hubs, rx7 series 4 alloy callipers, overhauled with new seals, and new ebc greenstuff pads, new koni yellow adjustable porsche inserts to suit and a set of 225 lb/in coils to suit (circuit/road). comes with ra40 lower control arms (+10mm track) and new lower control arm bushes, new tie rods and ball joints.

I know theirs abit of a debate regarding the ra60 struts, but with T3 camber tops, and the stub axle modified, it fixes the whole camber issue.

I want my car to be done properly, so im open for all opinions.

the car already has a hilux 1" master cylinder (overhauled) as well as a overhauled ke70 brake booster, so it should be able to handle the brake upgrade.

Cheers,

Felix

anastasios
9th May 2007, 10:42 PM
its still oldschool macpherson strut technology though, have you looked into s13, or had a look at what us cressidas use?

stefan
9th May 2007, 10:54 PM
chat to ajps aka david lawson pm truenosedan

ke70dave
10th May 2007, 10:57 AM
what engine are you planning to run? cause if its just NA 4age, id be inclined to get some coilovers made up from ajps and get some jdm brakes. all though that is a very expensive option. but is proven to work well. but then again what you have suggested looks to be very pricey as well...so i dunno...

other option is the s13 coilover/brake upgrade. great bang for your buck option. people have their different opinions about it. i think its great.

you thought about engineering certificates? brake upgrades are a very grey area when it comes to engineering cert..

nelpd96
10th May 2007, 10:52 PM
s13 is McPherson strut as well.