PDA

View Full Version : silver top, tps wiring

brad
10th May 2007, 11:58 PM
hi all
i have installed an e6x to my bigport 71, but i have converted to quads and i was just wondering if anyone knew which wires of the throttle position sensor are which so i can then wire it into my haltech.
thanks brad

brad
9th June 2007, 10:46 PM
hey, still havent got any info on these.
basically i just need to know which wire go where because the halteh has three inputs, sensor ground, tps signal and +5v. was wondering which wires of the tps this corresponds to.
thanks brad

mikewestphoto
9th June 2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pa...0V%20Silver.htm (http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/ECU%20Japan%204age%2020V%20Silver.htm)

Vc is power Y
VTA is signal R
E2 is earth Br

brad
9th June 2007, 11:42 PM
thanks so much, that is a huge help.
i also need to know which output of the tps are which colour as i only have the tps with no loom, if that makes sense.
thanks brad

mikewestphoto
10th June 2007, 12:06 AM
I listed the colours for you and it's even written out in the link if you clicked it.

Y = Yellow
R = Red
Br = Brown

brad
10th June 2007, 11:39 AM
thanks ken,
but what i ment was which terminal of the tps corresponds to which colour of the wire as i only have the unit and no plug with wires, see pic, ie is A the yellow wire etc.

Vc is power Y
VTA is signal R
E2 is earth Br

[attachment=16348:attachment]
thanks for your help

mikewestphoto
11th June 2007, 02:49 AM
Now that I know what you're asking. I can't give you a 100% answer. I know what it is for a 16v tps though and I'd say things wouldn't have changed much.

From what I can gather in less than 30 seconds.

A is Vc
B is VTA
C is IDL(you don't need as I told you in a earlier thread)
D is E2

I'm unsure of this so do this: measure the resistance between A and D. It should be between 3,000 and 7,000Ohms. This will be constant no matter where the butterfly is.

Now test resistance between B and D with the butterfly full closed. That should be 200-800.

If both conditions come up false, try it the other way round with A as D etc. If that doesn't work, I have some more stuff to try out.

Also, I'm not familiar with Haltechs can they be set to read with the TPS going for 5v(fully closed) to 0v(fully open). I know for some ecu's people re-wire them to read 0v at closed and 5v at open.

Hope this Helps.

brad
11th June 2007, 09:14 PM
big thank you to ken,
i wired up the ts as you said, but had no luck with it, but i had a spare tps from a small port so wired it in and it worked correctly. so i did a bit more reseach and found that mattysshop had to reverse his connections, so did the same and it worked.
thanks again ken