PDA

View Full Version : awkward seating position

Timma
11th May 2007, 12:05 AM
i just got my ae86 a few months ago and havent gotten to drive it much but wen i do i find it hard to get comfortable and there for dont feel im 'on top of' the pedels im about 180cm tall am i the only one whos experienced this? ive driven many other cars and its just anoying do you guys get used to it or is it something about the aussie seats etc???? or maybe just me

JinxD
11th May 2007, 12:46 AM
yeh im about the same hight myself and found the stock seat to be abit uncomftable so i switched to a aftermarket recaro copy and made my own seat rails to suite problem solved

Driftspec
11th May 2007, 01:38 AM
From my experience (~180cm tall, probably longer, fairly long legs) I';ve come to change my driving position in the car, and I still change every now and again if not comfortable. For me, I want to feel seated 'in' the car, kind of like when driving a go cart, you feel every force the car produces while driving it. Also, I want to try and keep my legs as close to a right angle as possible, and have my arms straight, but with a little kink in them (as a good, general driving practice).

Sounds complex, but as long as I'm sitting up straight in the car, everything within reach of me, and getting every feedback possible from the car, them I feel happy http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif I do want to upgrade the seats but, just so I can be held in the seat more.

rthy
11th May 2007, 01:47 AM
i like the jdm seats and im about 180 to
but iv tried one of those recaro copies and they where good to

Timma
11th May 2007, 01:54 PM
thanx for the replies guys sounds like i maybe just need a good bucket and a bit of getting used to the car

Hen is a total nutcase
11th May 2007, 05:03 PM
I'm 197cm and found the stock seat very good. I had to have my knees out beside the steering wheel, but it wasn't too bad.

An extension wheel boss so you can get your knees in behind it is a very nice change though.

Hen

johnny_08
13th May 2007, 09:42 PM
i had the seat right up then dropped down by 1 or 2 notches and the seat just back enough so the clutch leg felt ok, if u get what i mean by that http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif, but yea get a buket seat, a good 1 tho, worth the money if u have a 'run on rails' car

Driftspec
16th May 2007, 05:58 PM
If you have the stock ADM seats, a quick thing to do is to increase the angle of the bottom part of the seat. Theres a little know on the right hand side, near the seat back adjuster. Pull the angle up a little, I found it to feel better as it pushes your legs up a little, and sits your bum tighter in the seat. Not for everyone, but I found it helped me heaps.

Joel-AE86
17th May 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm 197cm and found the stock seat very good. I had to have my knees out beside the steering wheel, but it wasn't too bad.

An extension wheel boss so you can get your knees in behind it is a very nice change though.

Hen[/b]

You should get a sunroof so your head can pop out the top!

I remember Simon was a tall bloke also in a hachi, and he used to bolt his racing seat straight to the floor with no rails. It suited him perfectly!

Hen is a total nutcase
17th May 2007, 03:51 PM
Sun roofs actually make the situation worse. The hole is in the wrong spot to stick your head out, and the roof is a bit lower to fit all the stuff in.

But yes, bolting your thin bucket seat in as low as humanly possible is a good move.

Hen