PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Custom TEFLON LINED Rose-joint 4 links

tipper86
13th May 2007, 11:38 PM
Hello guys,

I was speaking to a mate of mine that works in a CNC machine shop who has made me up some parts previously. I got a set of 4 links about 2 months ago, which are tip top and look the shit. I'm Just trying to gather interest, if it is worth while hooking up the AE86DC community with a 4 link group buy, he also has rose jointed panard rods in the making as well. I will not be profiting from this group buy rather than just lining up some sales for ae86 community.

Details of the 4 links are

All fabricated from T6 6061 alloy
Metric ball joints
Comes with all new metric grade 8 structural bolts
Automotive grade rose joints used in drag cars
All annodised black

******ALSO NOTE, ITEMS ARE FULL BILLET ALLOY and ARE NOT HOLLOW*********

All parts are metric rather than imperial (unlike US items)

[attachment=15207:attachment]

PRICE:

$385 x 10

Adjustable PANARD RODS will be a extra 100 dollars

People interested

1. ae86hachiroku - DEPOSIT PAYED
2. driftke70 - DEPOSIT PAYED
3. slippry - DEPOSIT PAYED
4. Shortround - DEPOSIT PAYED
5. Grassworkzgarage - DEPOSIT PAYED

6. Hara kiri - DEPOSIT PAYED
7.MrMatt - DEPOSIT PAYED
8. 4000gt - DEPOSIT PAYED
9. J_D - DEPOSIT PAYED
10. Aaron_drift - DEPOSIT PAYED

***************LATEST UPDATE****************************

We have the 10 required, thanks to all the guys that have shown interest and payed deposit. Will have updates throughout the weeks and pictures of progress. Keep watching this thread.

************UPDATE***********************

Thats 10 people, so the deal is $350 + delivery for the 4 links. Thanks for the interest guys, I will update this thread when I see him later tonight or this afternoon and keep everyone posted about details and specs of the rose joints. Apart from that, to the guys that have missed out, just PM me or post in the thread as there might be a few guys who may pull out of the GB. I won't be organising another group buy, as this was just a one off thing to help out the community, however I will speak to the guy making the units about becomming a board trader as there clearly is a market for quality and affordable ae/ke parts, so I believe he will add himself as a sponsor.

Also worth a mention, as I spoke to him a few days ago, he is looking for a competitive drifter who would be interested in sponsorship for parts. This sponsorship would enable the selected driver or drifter, to pay just the cost of parts minus labour and put these products through some serious testing. Benefits are quality products at cost price..

All guys wishing to seek sponsorship PM me the details specs of your cars, and how often do you compete etc. I'm pretty sure he will sponsor 1 or two drivers as he currently is working on some other parts for ae/ke's such as LCA's not cut and shut stock versions (but billet CNC machined units), RCA's traction brackets, steering spacers and what not. He has manufactured similar parts for s12/s13's etc and they have all had good reviews from the guys that have used them.

***********ROSE JOINT UPDATE********************

Ok well I spoke to him and we have a few options and the rose joints that may be used:

We have a copper base (high load rating capacity) won't thrash out as quick as stainless and they use this type of rose joint on a few of the formula V cars. But he won't be using these because some of you guys tend to think they are a shit unit, so he said 'whatever makes them happy'.

Stainless base, will thrash out quicker than the copper base (due to being made out of softer material). Is a option but not really a good unit if you are planning to put it under extreme loads, not really a great unit as they don't like dirt/heavy vibrating loads.

Now we have the race series steel on steel part number AM12G, great all round rose joint (high load rating), used in many of the clubman type vehicles. Is a option and is alot better unit than stainless/bronze.

Nylon lined part number PM12G is considered the best rose joint after a Teflon unit. Has a 40kn load bearing capacity that is 10kn higher than the above mentioned rose joints and is highly suited to high vibration environments, they also have a seal that clear dirt off the ball.

Teflon option atm is not a option as there there is none in the country (the place that he orders it from) and he can't get a good solid price on these, however if you guys have done your research they cost about 70 dollars a piece. However, at a later date he may have available for the guys that are willing to pay abit extra for the parts.

He gave me the retail prices on all these units too (per unit)

1. Copper/bronze - $16.00 inc GST
2. Stainless $23.50 inc GST
3. Race steel on steel $25.00 inc GST
4. Nylon lined $28.50 inc GST

The nylon lined rose joints would be the ones he will be using in the group buy, however is a $35 dollar increase on the overall price (so that makes the group buy 350 to 385 + postage). I had a miss communication about the price on the group buy, so I take all blame and at fault on this one. The increase is not a extra 80 or so because, of my fuck up (which it could have been) because the group buy price was for 10 bronze/copper units. So he said he will wear some of the cost, to make a better all round unit. Also another update, the Panhard rods will be another few months away, however they will be offered to you guys for the same price of a $100 as promised for the people who have bought the 4 links.

I expect a few guys to drop out of the group buy after knowing that the price has changed and increased another $35 (350 to 385). However, you need to see it from this angle, you will not get a better quality made 4 link unit, that uses these type of rose joints. These are the facts..

***********ROSE JOINT UPDATE x2*****************

Ok just got off the phone to my mate, he has secured a shipment of TEFLON lined rose joints and will be using them on these 4 LINKS. The price will be exactley the same, but all rose joints now will be TEFLON!, with no added price. I can now gaurantee you, you will NOT find another deal like this ever, there will only be one group buy and the rest will have to pay retail, when he becomes a trader.

***********PAYMENT UPDATE**************

Also, he mentioned that if the group buy goes through for 10 nylon lined units, then he will require a $100 dollar deposit. The rest of the money can be payed in full when the items are ready to be shipped out (285 + postage).

CHEERS

ae86hachiroku
13th May 2007, 11:40 PM
interested, put my name down..

RobertoX
14th May 2007, 12:36 AM
got a part number on the rose joints?

that will tell if the price is good or not

sounds promising

just need to ask does this have moderator approval

driftke70
14th May 2007, 12:45 AM
put my name down for sure

tipper86
14th May 2007, 08:49 AM
got a part number on the rose joints?

that will tell if the price is good or not

sounds promising

just need to ask does this have moderator approval[/b]

Will have part number up, don't you worry they are top quality

Do you need moderator approval for group buys now days? well I am not profiting from this sale (nor am I a trader or a parts reseller), just rather than helping out the community, as I too have had parts made up that have been good and would have thought many would benefit from this group buy.

All sales etc, will be dealt with the guy from the machine shop, no money will go into my hands. I am just seeking interest and if there isn't any, there will not be a group buy. I am not trying to cut any other sponsors grass as they pay a fee to advertise. If all goes well, you may see another sponsor on board (that will be the person manufacturing them). Adding to the growth of this board. He would be a asset to this community as he has had years of experience in manufacturing parts for cars that race in IPRA, rally, and drag race and he sure does know his shit.

So hope this answers your questions.

stefan
14th May 2007, 12:40 PM
what about a group buy with panhard rod aswell?

or price on that too

also put me down for group buy!

stefan
14th May 2007, 12:41 PM
common guys lets get 10 people together for cheaper price!

also what is postage gonna cost?

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 12:45 PM
its a hell a lot cheaper than what you would find from Japan.. and even locally.. hopefully the quality is as good..

grassworkzgarage
14th May 2007, 01:38 PM
im in 4 sure as long as the joints arnt going to clap out in 1 second
other than that im in!!!!!!!!!!!

stefan
14th May 2007, 03:10 PM
imdown for the whole package panhard rod and 4 link rear end

DRFT - 86
14th May 2007, 04:44 PM
pretty certain that I'll be down for some 4 links....
add me to the list...

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 04:50 PM
well looks like we have enough for a 5 grp... 5 more shouldn't be a problem

driftke70
14th May 2007, 05:23 PM
just want more info on the rose joints, if they are brassies ill just make my own 4 links.

shortround
14th May 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm in. Would also be interested in a matching panhard rod!

Andrew.

tipper86
14th May 2007, 07:08 PM
just want more info on the rose joints, if they are brassies ill just make my own 4 links.[/b]

^^ They are stainless

Joints won't be clapped out I can tell you that as they are automotive grade, there are a few drag cars that run his gear and they have all held up.

Panard rods are a 100 bucks extra for rose jointed adjustable versions, the parts can be anodised or powder coated, so there should be a vote.

Will have specs on the rose joints, when I come and visit him during the week..

We have 6 interested at the momment, so it looks like its locked down for 380 per set and 15 dollars delivery anywhere in Australia.

Cheers

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 07:10 PM
i'd like to be able to choose the colour http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
but just polished would do fine as well

mrmatt
14th May 2007, 07:11 PM
Put me down. ill also be interested in the panhard rod.

Matt

driftke70
14th May 2007, 07:12 PM
anodized green would be sweet

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 07:26 PM
yea forgot to say i'll be in for the panhard too, providing all these are really top grade stuff

stefan
14th May 2007, 08:51 PM
most peolple would want red or blue anodised

or black would be all good

stefan
14th May 2007, 08:52 PM
are the rods hollow or solid?

riceburner
14th May 2007, 09:05 PM
Hollow i hope

Are these rods still available, is it possible that teflon lined rod ends be used so that people at least have a chance of getting them legalized if need be.

tipper86
14th May 2007, 09:11 PM
Rods are solid billet, these will be race use only items. I don't think you could get these plated at all or legalised at all (this is in QLD btw).

stefan
14th May 2007, 09:23 PM
in SA rose joints are defect cops wouldnt pick it

but our decect pit (regency) will

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 09:35 PM
i know they probabaly wouldn't be, but thier not heavier than your usual rose jointed four link items are they? if for some odd reason..

hilton
14th May 2007, 09:46 PM
hey man these look tip top! havent got the coin for the 4 link, altho i was just wondering a price on just a panhard rod? sheers man.

tipper86
14th May 2007, 09:49 PM
$100 for a Panhard rod, but will see how this GB turns out. I won't be getting him to sell individual units as AJPS the sponsor has some on his sponsors page (and you need to respect that he is a sponsore). Until then, if the GB goes well and everything turns out good I will get him to become a trader and therefore he will be able to sell them individually.

Hope that answers your questions

hilton
14th May 2007, 09:51 PM
$100 for a Panhard rod, but will see how this GB turns out. I won't be getting him to sell individual units as AJPS the sponsor has some on his sponsors page (and you need to respect that he is a sponsore). Until then, if the GB goes well and everything turns out good I will get him to become a trader and therefore he will be able to sell them individually.

Hope that answers your questions[/b]

awk awesome, im quite keen on a pandard rod when it all happens.

stefan
14th May 2007, 10:10 PM
so $450 for panhard rod and 4 link rear end

how much for postage to SA 5000

Granto
14th May 2007, 10:10 PM
put me down for full set + panhard rod.

ae86hachiroku
14th May 2007, 10:24 PM
wicked.. only 2 more.. that was fast

DRFT - 86
14th May 2007, 11:10 PM
almost 2 fast as I was hoping this wouldnt go ahead for a week or two... meh.. should be sweet...
what is the expected timeframe for this.. ie: when do we need to make a deposit? or do we have to pay up front in full? when does production start-finish roughly..?

Keep me as highly interested, as I cant confirm if I will have the funds if this all happens too quickly

tipper86
14th May 2007, 11:35 PM
Once I give him the thumbs up to turn them out, pending the specs on the rose joints which I have no doubt in my mind are top quality etc. I will even give those who question the joints used the part number so you can scout around and do research yourself.

Deposit will needed to be made in full, when the full 10 sets are ready to be shipped out. May take 3 weeks tops, but considering most of the gear will be put through a CNC lathe, then it may only take a week and a half. Given a few extra days for coating and anodising and a few more days to ship out. So anywhere from 2-3 weeks, so that would be plenty of time for you guys to save abit of coin.

450 will be the combo + shipping (pending 10 sets), I don't know the full details on shipping but I'd expect 15-30 anywhere in Australia. But I will finalise this before payments are made.

Apart from that, I don't think there will be another deal like this and thats the truth unless you have someone that has access to a CNC lathe, and can get trade price on material. I payed slightly more for my set (420 ones in the picture) and I was stoked with that price, hopefully he will throw me in a free panhard rod for lining him up some sales http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif.

2 more to go and I will speak to him tomorrow arvo or night, and get the part number/details of the rose joints.

ALSO, need a vote on the colour of the 4 links we have, blue, red, green, black, gold, silver, brushed finished. So abit of a vote here would be great. Other than that, if you want a one off colour im sure it will cost extra as the price is for a group buy meaning 1 colour per batch.

Cheers

johl
14th May 2007, 11:54 PM
would recomend silver or any dull stock looking colour cuz im sure most guys will be putting these on their street cars and cops will look into it further if they spot red ttrailing arms etc. thats what i'd want if i was gunna buy atm but im not so i'l just throw my 2c into the hat n shut my freakin mouth... lol

tipper86
15th May 2007, 12:08 AM
^^ well good point LOL noted!

Granto
15th May 2007, 12:09 AM
a quick drive down a dirt road in the rain would fix the red trailing arm problem http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

wooley
15th May 2007, 12:21 AM
interested.

red or black would be my preference.

powdercoated or anodised doesnt bother me really.

ae86hachiroku
15th May 2007, 12:41 AM
powder coated/anodised blue or just no colour and polished will be my vote

wooley
15th May 2007, 01:08 AM
oh and yea teflon rose joints FTW.

aaron_drift
15th May 2007, 02:45 AM
What are the lenghts?

You know those T3 adjustables how u can adjust the lenght for slip or traction?

Just curious what they will do to the rear end?

If you can PM or answer the question then i would be keen for a full set including the panhard rod.

Its just that if they are stock lengths i'd consider buying an adjustable set for better drift use.

Cheers

Aaron.

dr1ft-pig
15th May 2007, 07:47 AM
theese ones are adjustable aaron....very good price for 4 links ill have to see if i have sum coin to get in on the next batch

tipper86
15th May 2007, 09:05 AM
^^ yes the rose joints are length adjustable, thats the whole point of them.

As it seems we have 9 people interested and a maybe 10. So I will get him to start production during the week, I will keep everyone posted etc and will finalise a colour next week as well. I think this group buy will be a one off, but I will pass anyone on the details of the guy making them, after this group buy has gone through. However, I am sure he will add himself as a sponsor to this forum after the sale of these units.

Cheers

aaron_drift
15th May 2007, 12:10 PM
Put my name down please.

Would like full set include panhard rod.

Cheers

Aaron.

tipper86
15th May 2007, 01:44 PM
THREAD UPDATED CHECK FIRST POST

4000GT
15th May 2007, 02:17 PM
put me down too for full set including panhard rod.

shortround
15th May 2007, 03:05 PM
hey man, I expressed my interest on the first page but didn't make the list? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

rileymoore05
15th May 2007, 07:06 PM
im may be intersted in buying two pairs of the trailing arms and one panhard rod, just waiting to hear to see if my mate wants them, when do you need final numbers?

rileymoore05
15th May 2007, 07:11 PM
i noticed that you mentioned that the guy who makes these parts also makes stuff for the s12.
my mate who im waiting on wants to pull my sprinter arms out and measure them compared to his s12 ones too see if the ae86 arms in this group buy will fit a s12. mabey you could ask him and save us the effort? he may know.

stefan
15th May 2007, 10:28 PM
how many weeks till these will be made up?

aaron_drift
16th May 2007, 03:35 AM
cool, i made the list. YES http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

tipper86
16th May 2007, 11:26 AM
Updated

stefan
16th May 2007, 11:36 AM
im down for nylon lined all up

i still want panhard rod and 4 link rear end aswell

crazy86
16th May 2007, 01:14 PM
Are these able to be adjusted on the car? Some 4 links and Panhard rods have reverse threaded rosejoints at one end so you dont have to disconnect them to adjust them.

aaron_drift
16th May 2007, 01:28 PM
SPONSER ME!!!

I don't care what anyone thinks, i'm going to be the next UEO or Tsuchiya.

Cheers

Aaron

stefan
16th May 2007, 01:47 PM
yes can these be adjusted on car with out removing?

this will be the big decider!

ae86hachiroku
16th May 2007, 01:52 PM
they look like they can...

RobertoX
16th May 2007, 03:43 PM
SPONSER ME!!!

Cheers

Aaron[/b]

people sponsor on results and presentation and reputation

until you have at least one of those...good luck

chapl
16th May 2007, 04:17 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=346187)

SPONSER ME!!!

Cheers

Aaron[/b]

[/b]

ZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGG

tipper86
16th May 2007, 04:44 PM
Are these able to be adjusted on the car? Some 4 links and Panhard rods have reverse threaded rosejoints at one end so you dont have to disconnect them to adjust them.[/b]

Yes they are adjustable on the car, they have a right hand thread at one end and a left hand thread on the other. To lock and secure them, you unscrew the locking nuts, then you can adjust the height/length to the way you want them to. To secure it again, just tighten up the locking nut.

for all the guys that are keen, PM me so I can pass you on the account details for deposits (use your username as the deposit ID), also PM me your contact details and name. Production of the parts will start ASAP, when I have secured 10 guys which can be as soon as friday. I will update progress pictures etc, and will keep everyone posted along the way.

Cheers

driftke70
16th May 2007, 08:12 PM
haha you have me on the list twice, im in dude.

Even if the rose joints arnt what im after i can take em to a dude and exchange them for teflon for a small fee (he sponsors my brother)

Konakid
16th May 2007, 09:42 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=346231)

SPONSER ME!!!

Cheers

Aaron[/b]

[/b]

ZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGG
[/b]

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

aaron_drift
17th May 2007, 12:24 PM
Well i don't care, i was being serious.

I don't bother spending all my money each week on my car to not have a vision on where i am going. After my apprenticeship i have connections near tokyo where i can work as a chef. So if aus drift doesn't get big i will just do it over there.

If they are looking for a hachi to sponser, then at least my car will be at every QR meet. Nearly everytime i go to the track i see nearly no hachis.

So i think i've got the presentation already.

Results and reputation comes with time, but if your already at that stage then you'd already have all the sponsers you need.

Cheers

Aaron

tipper86
17th May 2007, 12:31 PM
Everyone keen on the Group buy now is the time, to deposit the money! Drop me a PM and I will pm you back the guys bank details.

Cheers

rthy
17th May 2007, 12:39 PM
this is cheap, i remember a similar set for sale $800 in melbourne

DRFT - 86
17th May 2007, 12:51 PM
wont be in for this unfortuantley.. too soon for me to get funds organised and I need to fix the latest problem with my car now...

cheers

tipper86
17th May 2007, 01:14 PM
thats fine, ^^ anyone keen for a set of 4 links? we have one open spot!

Joel-AE86
17th May 2007, 02:11 PM
LOL @ annodising.

Who the fark is going to see em?

Joel-AE86
17th May 2007, 02:13 PM
Well i don't care, i was being serious.

I don't bother spending all my money each week on my car to not have a vision on where i am going. After my apprenticeship i have connections near tokyo where i can work as a chef. So if aus drift doesn't get big i will just do it over there.

If they are looking for a hachi to sponser, then at least my car will be at every QR meet. Nearly everytime i go to the track i see nearly no hachis.

So i think i've got the presentation already.

Results and reputation comes with time, but if your already at that stage then you'd already have all the sponsers you need.

Cheers

Aaron[/b]

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

You have wrong understanding about what sponsorship is about.

shortround
17th May 2007, 02:15 PM
Hey tipper, please put me down for a set inc. panhard rod.

Thanks,

ae86hachiroku
17th May 2007, 02:38 PM
LOL @ annodising.

Who the fark is going to see em?[/b]

The gnomes that live in the land of axle and diff.. oh they will see it

tipper86
17th May 2007, 02:52 PM
LOL @ annodising.

Its not that because no one is going to see it, its all about presentation and providing a good looking product.

stefan
17th May 2007, 03:22 PM
try to get it a nice blue simmilar to cusco blue!

will look sweet on all 86's!

yes im still down for a full set!

Jusdrifn 86
17th May 2007, 03:27 PM
Message i was told to pass on:
rob is trying to pay deposit but the bank details u gave are wrong, plz ring rob on 0418 762 797 so he can put money in.

tipper86
17th May 2007, 05:17 PM
First post updated, NOW WILL BE USING TEFLON LINED ROSE JOINTS, for the same $385 price, just to show how much of a good guy he is and how he is supporting the ae86 community.

RobertoX
17th May 2007, 05:33 PM
interested but would like the part number of the rose joints,i can make them, but not at that cost, and the only big cost is the rose joints

tipper86
17th May 2007, 05:36 PM
interested but would like the part number of the rose joints,i can make them, but not at that cost, and the only big cost is the rose joints[/b]

part number will not be given, as many would try to source where he is getting them from. They are coming from the US, and if any one is in brisbane can view the rose joints themself when they come out for proof.

Also thing is alot of guys can make them too, but will they have a better finish than a CNC'd product? as most would turn them up on a manual lathe.

jdmcoupe
17th May 2007, 05:50 PM
dude its not rocket science

tube, threaded sections for rods, cut cut weld weld. The finish does not really mean shit, there is no tech in the tube and the threaded section.. any exhaust guy could make them up.....its all about the rod ends... and since you wont give part numbers out i would seriously worried about the quailtiy of the rod ends. Good motorsport joints usually cost around the 50$ each mark.

Also people who buy these should reinforce the trailing arm mounts on there chassis and diff as they are not designed to have rods ends that have no flex

stefan
17th May 2007, 06:25 PM
teflon joints whoot!

with strengthing mounts just use plates onn side of mounts?

or do the have to be welded?

tipper86
17th May 2007, 09:17 PM
dude its not rocket science

tube, threaded sections for rods, cut cut weld weld. The finish does not really mean shit, there is no tech in the tube and the threaded section.. any exhaust guy could make them up.....its all about the rod ends... and since you wont give part numbers out i would seriously worried about the quailtiy of the rod ends. Good motorsport joints usually cost around the 50$ each mark.

Also people who buy these should reinforce the trailing arm mounts on there chassis and diff as they are not designed to have rods ends that have no flex[/b]

It's definately not rocket science, but at the end of the day can you turn them up for cheaper? Anodise them pack the parts etc? Unless you have a mate that has a CNC or can turn them up for a carton of piss I highly doubt it, the whole deal with the CNC is that they can turn them up overnight (thus dramastically reducing the cost for labour) therefore he can sell them at this price. I was not expecting to justify how my mate could do this for so cheap, but it has come to the conclusion I guess he has to explain himself or at least, I should. As mentioned he works in a machine shop, they have about 5-6 CNC's and alot of hardware to make their life easier, rather than having to drop the parts off getting them turned up manually. He can turn these up in less than a few hours, no fucking around with measuring things up and making sure they are at the right size etc.

I definately did expect alot of knockers from thread and it seems when some one is able to manufacture something up cheap there seems to be alot of question marks about quality and products used. Clearly its only a smart move to not hand out the part number so that other guys can't follow suit and line up the same deals (same thing happeend with the chinese hybrid coolers). If you really would like the part number, you could call around to many of the suppliers in the US, and find out for yourself (do the hard yards) and find what price the going rate for 1000 units are. At the end of the day, my mate is not buying 10 or a 100 rose joints but in substantial quantity, thus the price. He gets a good price on parts because he has over seas contacts, and especially working and having mates in the industry has its perks. The company he works for also uses alot of M16/18/ and imperial gear and therefore has alot of access to this type of material.

I can gaurantee you now, after the parts are made up you can send them down to any bearing joint and ask them what the rose joint is composed off. Rather than knocking the thread, questioning the product and discouraging potential guys who may be interested, and yet you have no interest in purchasing at all?, I don't understand it, when someone can not clearly justify 'how he does it so cheap', there will always be doubters.

Finishing doesn't mean shit? so presentation doesn't mean anything? nor is it of some form of value? like I said above its not rocket science, I didn't make it out to be... so what is the problem?

When the shipment of teflon lined rose joints come, I will allow a few guys to come and have a look for themselves.

wooley
17th May 2007, 09:44 PM
all we want to know the rose joints part nubmers for is so we can see if they are quality and worth it...

no ones trying to rip you and your mate off. jesus!

Granto
17th May 2007, 09:55 PM
all we want to know the rose joints part nubmers for is so we can see if they are quality and worth it...

no ones trying to rip you and your mate off. jesus![/b]

a-spec rear braces.

nuff said.

tipper86
17th May 2007, 10:13 PM
I will supply part numbers for all who have purchased, as its the right thing to do (and will shut up the doubters). Guys in brisbane wanting to check them out for yourselves can.

I will leave it at that, there is no point adding more than what has already been said. To all the guys interested, can they PM me and I will forward you on my mates banking details and phone number for contact.

Cheers

RobertoX
17th May 2007, 10:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

no ones trying to rip you and your mate off. jesus![/b]

a-spec rear braces.

nuff said.
[/b][/quote]

dude aspecs braces were a rip off of another design and have been sold by 5 people on here no less

cant really claim ownership on a piece of pipe

as for the rose joints im not hanging anything negative on this thread

i think the price is AWESOME

but basically the cost comes down to the rose joints

the fact they are coming from america is a good sign

if you say they are teflon i will take your word for it, as you seem like a genuine seller

as a mod i will back out of this thread now, as it is too off topic

rileymoore05
17th May 2007, 10:45 PM
im unshure of whast happening here. are these still available or not?

ae86hachiroku
17th May 2007, 10:53 PM
lol seems that way, only thing wrong that happened was someone was having a go at the group buy organiser. jealousy

rileymoore05
17th May 2007, 10:55 PM
yeah, seems simple to me. either buy it or dont.
i know im keen to buy them, seems i might of missed out.

tipper86
17th May 2007, 10:55 PM
Group buy is still going on, I will only take up to 10 buyers though. For starters we have 4 or 5 that have made payment but still waiting for money to clear.

Dan05k, we still have one place available if you are interested. PM me if you are serious

Cheers

rileymoore05
17th May 2007, 10:57 PM
ok ,let me know if anyone pulls out cause i want some.
did you see my other reply about possibilitly if fitting a s12?

tipper86
17th May 2007, 10:59 PM
I have seen it, I will have to ask him about this ^^.

rileymoore05
17th May 2007, 11:01 PM
yeah, thanks, if they do fit i will be keen to buy 2 pairs if possible.

rthy
18th May 2007, 12:30 AM
I want just the joints with the inserts for either side, is that an option?

I am going cro-mo for me, I also want just conventional threaded ones (right?) at both ends.

aaron_drift
18th May 2007, 02:26 AM
I'm still keen.

PM me with all the details of how long till delivery ect.

Cheers

Aaron.

P.S are rose castor rods available yet as well? I would like to buy them the same time as the 4 link rear.

tipper86
18th May 2007, 09:44 AM
All other parts as mentioned are not available, but is being developed worked on. He will have a protoype in the next few months hopefully for the LCA, traction brackets, RCA's etc. And these parts will be sent to the sponsored cars/drivers to be tested on.

Sorry sam Q I don't think he can just supply you the rose joints...

rallystanza
18th May 2007, 11:22 AM
Im interested in a set of the arms possibly.

However i would need them both the be the long lower arms as I am converting to equal length arms on my car.

I also think if the order needs to be more than 10 sets of interest then you should make more. Is this possible?

Can you let me know,

Thanks,

Jez

tipper86
18th May 2007, 11:48 AM
So you want a set of 4 links (but just the longer arms?) as in 4 longer arms?

rallystanza
18th May 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah basically. I need 4 of the longer arms, the "lower" arms in this case. Il PM you.

stefan
18th May 2007, 09:20 PM
can i get a postage quote to adelaide 5000

tipper86
18th May 2007, 09:24 PM
postage is 25 dollars, using star track express.

stefan
18th May 2007, 09:29 PM
good good i use em for work aswell very reliable! or australian air express

bots pimp couriers!

rthy
18th May 2007, 10:56 PM
oh well thanks anyway

hara_kiri
19th May 2007, 05:38 PM
100bux in monday sorry, been held up

tipper86
21st May 2007, 02:19 PM
Update, short bars are done, rose joints leave US today.

Awaiting deposit from

driftke70

Other guys on list have made deposit, but am just waiting on confirmation that the money has cleared and in his Account.

There is also one more opening for anyone thats interested, LAST ONE!!

Will have pictures of machined short bars uploaded within the week to show that production has started.

Cheers

rallystanza
21st May 2007, 04:26 PM
Will have to organise the equal length arms with you soon.

driftke70
21st May 2007, 05:19 PM
didnt know it was happening so quick, just put the money in.

stefan
21st May 2007, 08:11 PM
ill get deposit down this week just been flat out

chat sooon dan

Bobomacho
21st May 2007, 11:12 PM
is that spot still open
can i get a panhard with it too

dont' put me on yet, i'll have to confirm with my financial advisor (mrs)

tipper86
21st May 2007, 11:15 PM
well there are currently 2 people interested, but only one spot. Whoever gets the deposit down first I guess.

hara_kiri
22nd May 2007, 05:23 PM
deposit in

ghetto ke
22nd May 2007, 05:58 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=346617)

LOL @ annodising.

Its not that because no one is going to see it, its all about presentation and providing a good looking product.
[/b]

err anodising is usually done to stop the alloy form oxidizing and maintain it's properties. but bonus it looks trick http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

stefan
22nd May 2007, 06:38 PM
deposit in this thursday sorry bout the delay

driftke70
22nd May 2007, 06:42 PM
only the first layer of alloy oxidises, no more no less, hence the reason it is renown for its inability to rust etc.

corrosion on the other hand.

tipper86
22nd May 2007, 08:18 PM
Deposits UPDATED!!

ghetto ke
23rd May 2007, 12:35 AM
only the first layer of alloy oxidises, no more no less, hence the reason it is renown for its inability to rust etc.

corrosion on the other hand.[/b]

Just to clarify; by definition Aluminum alloy is non-ferrous (contains no iron-carbon, therefore they cannot rust, as rust is simply iron oxide forming on the surface of an exposed ferrous metal) which is why materials like T6 6061 may exhibit other forms of corrosion ranging from oxides forming on the surface (aluminium oxide dull grey surface or magnesium oxide which is like a whitish powder) to pitting, which can spread into the alloy forming cracks, reduce its strength and resistance to fatigue.
The Anodising process applies an electric current to the Alloy (which acts as an anode in a electrolytic cell) in an acid bath and by this process converts the surface layer to a hard film (which is actually a porous oxide layer resulting from chemical absorbtion of oxygen from the bath) by adding dyes to the acid bath it can produce a durable and decorative finish (as seen on quality parts i.e. Cusco use Blue, T3 Red etc).

(facinating I know) http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif

Interesting aside: T6 disignates it is age hardened for more strength by solution-treating and artificially aged.

6061 disignates the alloy composition, in this case 0.6% Silicon (Si) & 1% Magnesium (Mg)

this concludes todays lecture http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/crazy.gif

Granto
23rd May 2007, 01:27 AM
awesome post.

beam theory ftw.

dr1ft-pig
24th May 2007, 12:32 PM
hara kiri is on temporary ban he just told me to post that he wants you to call him when u need the 285 on 0418 762 797

cheers mate

tipper86
24th May 2007, 07:19 PM
LOL why is rob on ban?, OK no probs mate. Would also need everyones postage address asap as well. So if you can send me the details, would be sweet. Include email/contact number, and address. Been abit busy lately so haven't had time to PM everyone one by one to get them. Some of you guys have given me details already, but send them through again just to make sure I haven't missed anyone.

Cheers

rallystanza
24th May 2007, 11:04 PM
So Am i going to be able to get 2 4 of the long arms?

Jez

stefan
25th May 2007, 11:22 AM
deposit in yo

aaron_drift
28th May 2007, 12:49 PM
Approximantly how long till they are going to be ready?

Cheers

Aaron.

hara_kiri
28th May 2007, 04:21 PM
my acc is back, not sure what prob was haha

i'll pm u address etc.

let us no when ya need 285

how much extra is postage, or is pickup in bris?

cheers

tipper86
28th May 2007, 08:02 PM
Pick up will be available in brisbane, but freight to anywhere in QLD shouldnt be more than 10-15 dollars. So its really up to whoever wants to get them. I will have progress pictures up during the week..

Cheers

rallystanza
28th May 2007, 10:15 PM
Can i get an answer on whether i can get 4 of the long arms?

I have asked a few times with no answer.

Thanks mate.

stefan
28th May 2007, 10:19 PM
what is the decided color?

blue?
red?
black?
silver?

aaron_drift
29th May 2007, 02:04 AM
Hey mate,

I really need some rosejoin castor rods.

Anychance you can get your mate to make me some up. That way i can get them all at once.

More then interested, i NEED them.

Cheers

Aaron.

tipper86
29th May 2007, 08:27 AM
Can i get an answer on whether i can get 4 of the long arms?

I have asked a few times with no answer.

Thanks mate.[/b]

Sorry mate, At the momment we already have 10 units accounted for, there won't be any extra sets being made until my mate becomes a sponsor, Sorry about that..

Also on the colour issue, I was thinking of getting them done black if that is fine with everyone??

Rose joint castor rods and LCA's are currently in the making, we will see a proto type very soon within the next few months.

Cheers

J_D
29th May 2007, 09:13 AM
I like the black. It's simple

ae86hachiroku
29th May 2007, 10:51 AM
I vote blue or silver, or I'd just like mine polished

stefan
29th May 2007, 11:00 AM
id say blue

simmilar to cusco blue it goes with all 86's!

and hope blue ftw

driftke70
29th May 2007, 11:22 AM
black is fine

aaron_drift
29th May 2007, 12:29 PM
I am keen for blue or green. Would like some colour under my hachi!

Black is too plain, and doesn't look sexy enuff.

Cheers

Aaron.

tipper86
29th May 2007, 02:19 PM
There are 2 votes for black and 3 votes for blue

So we need a majority rules here...

shortround
29th May 2007, 02:32 PM
i vote black http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

the only people looking under my car will be me or the po-po.

ae86hachiroku
29th May 2007, 02:41 PM
sigh at black...

wooley
29th May 2007, 03:46 PM
if they're black you can paint over them if you really want a dif colour... lol.

hara_kiri
29th May 2007, 04:18 PM
i vote blue, track car ftw haha, black is fine tho, i'll be using the parts as a performance mod not a riceburner look haha so colour not an issue and as ol mate said above u can spray em if u really want different colour, black will be safer for road registered cars tho

jfallen
29th May 2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Tipper,
will order a set if I know they'll fit TA22 but will require measurements.

email to 'manitoublack@gmail.com' if you don't wish to post them so publically

Cheers
jordan

tipper86
29th May 2007, 10:04 PM
well there is 3 black and 4 blue...

Another 3 votes http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif...

Sorry fallen, there won't be anymore 4 links made up. After this batch is delivered, sorry about that mate. But I will keep your email, for later.

Cheers

stefan
29th May 2007, 10:47 PM
blue for me

seriously if you dont like blue just paint it black

its easier to cover up a lighter color with a darker color

and we all prolly use cusco items on our 86's

and its a rad ass blue!

lets get blue!

stefan
29th May 2007, 10:48 PM
wll this machinist be making rca's or rose jointed lower control arms?

tipper86
30th May 2007, 10:16 AM
Yes he will have RCA's good to go in the next few weeks, LCA's and Castor rods will go through some testing and trialing, from our chosen ae86dc candidate so may be a few months. Abit of a update on that, we have come to 1 choice already. But will confirm it by next week.

Cheers

tipper86
30th May 2007, 11:33 AM
Need postal address, contact mobile number, or email or anything. To get into contact with you guys when these are ready to be shipped out. Preferably a contact number and a email will be better in case we are not able to get onto the board to update the thread. I know many are reluctant to hand out postal address as yet, but thats fine. Just need a solid contact number/email just for backup.

I already have
MrMatts
Harakiri
Grassworkzgarage
4000gt (mobile number)
Shortround
Slippry
ae86hachiroku
aaron_drift
Driftke70

Can the rest PM me contact details (number and email)

Also looks like all 4 links will be blue

Cheers for that

stefan
30th May 2007, 02:02 PM
pmed re details

stefan
30th May 2007, 02:03 PM
will panhard rods be blue aswell?

grassworkzgarage
30th May 2007, 05:37 PM
yep blues fine wif me

aaron_drift
30th May 2007, 06:52 PM
Hey mate,

Contact details are:

azzaman200@hotmail.com

mobile is 0421 482 079.

Let me know. I got two days off thurs and fri.

Cheers bud

Aaron.

stefan
31st May 2007, 01:18 PM
any follow up re lower control arms rose jonted

also when roughly will these be reday?

hara_kiri
4th June 2007, 12:14 PM
thought id bump this up to the top. when ya reckon these gonna be done? jus wondering if i will make 17th this month drift nite at qr

no worries if not tho, there will be plenty more

mrmatt
6th June 2007, 07:41 PM
BUMP

what is the ETA on these?

tipper86
6th June 2007, 08:17 PM
just abit of a update as many are wondering what the ET on these are. All rods are machined and I have some pictures and will upload them later tonight. The ET on these are hopefully 2 weeks away max, as the rose joints land from the US to our supplier on the 8th June, it will then take 2-3 days for them to arrive to us so we can assemble the 4 links. Rods and collets will hopefully be sent off to the anodizers, this week or early next week.

Cheers

rallystanza
6th June 2007, 11:02 PM
SO will your mates shop be able to make more of these or not?

Seems there will be more interest in them anyway.

I will still need the 4 long arms.

Thanks,

Jez

hara_kiri
7th June 2007, 07:20 AM
sounds great, looks like i will be on road and registered in july.

tipper86
7th June 2007, 12:56 PM
SO will your mates shop be able to make more of these or not?

Seems there will be more interest in them anyway.

I will still need the 4 long arms.

Thanks,

Jez[/b]

At a later date yes, but not now.. Sorry about that

4000GT
13th June 2007, 04:18 AM
just thought id bump this up.

Also, more details pm'd.

stefan
18th June 2007, 01:39 PM
bump on progress?

tipper86
18th June 2007, 02:55 PM
Progress, parts have been sent off to get anodised, hopefully will be back by end of the week. Still waiting on delivery of rose joints, as the shipment was delayed a few days. Apart from that, they should be ready to ship out by the end of next week or early july.

Cheers

stefan
18th June 2007, 03:01 PM
sweet so cant wait

so i get my 4 link rear end and panhard rod whoot

5PRNTA
23rd June 2007, 04:02 AM
if theres a spear set or if u dont have enough people ill buy a set including panhardrod just let me know i have money waiting aswell so no dikkin around

tipper86
23rd June 2007, 10:17 AM
I don't think there is a spare set, unless someone pulls out. Just PM me your details and I will get back to you on that.

Another UPDATE - ROSE JOINTS ARE IN AUSTRALIA, but are being shipped from the agent on monday express. It looks like these babies are good to go by the end of next week or the first week of july. So get your money ready guys!.

285 + postage for all the guys that have payed the 100$ deposit. Will have final postage prices next week

I have everyones contact details already, So I will send out all pm's to the ones that have made deposit.

Also the guy making them is adding himself as a sponsor in a week or so time, until he gets some time off and is able to get onto a computer and contact's nick.

So the parts you want list them out.

Currently in development (which are being designed in autocad) and some completed parts but are awaiting some testing are:

LCA's
Traction brackets
Panhard rods
RCA's and NCRA's
Pillar braces (chasis rail, front fender, B pillar, and rear boot braces)
Quad throttle trumpets

So parts that you want custom made list them:

I just went and saw him the other week, and he has custom billet quad throttle made up for a customer and they look fucking superb (only problem was it is made to suit a B series mazda motor. But I am sure he can turn up a few 4a ones for a good price.

Cheers

hara_kiri
23rd June 2007, 12:20 PM
sounds great man, cant wait to get ze 4link. i get my license back july 3, so will be a fun week that week haha

stefan
24th June 2007, 04:38 PM
bump

roadsailing
24th June 2007, 05:19 PM
definately interested in a quad throttle adapter, silvertop to smallport specifically

would prefer throttles "up the right way" but i dont know what effect this has on anything, generally they are made to mount the quads upside down.

stefan
25th June 2007, 11:51 AM
im fair keen for lower control arms and pahhard rods and bracing

Dongaz
28th June 2007, 04:41 AM
Will be interested in getting adjustable LCA, adj caster arms, swaybars if ur going that way and strut braces. With the LCA i would need to see the design before investing in a pair. Any designs up yet for them that i would be able to see?
Cheers

tipper86
28th June 2007, 12:39 PM
designs will be up shortly, they are being designed and drawn up through CAD. They will be a similar build/design as the Ikea formula control arms.

stefan
28th June 2007, 04:12 PM
how long roughly till pandard rods come into stock?

and lca's and bracing

????????????????????????????

hara_kiri
2nd July 2007, 09:08 PM
any updates matey, my license is back in 2days, dont torture me too much haha

grassworkzgarage
2nd July 2007, 09:59 PM
yeah whats the g.o

tipper86
3rd July 2007, 12:15 PM
Still waiting on the coating being completed, abit of a pain in the ass but I guess they have larger jobs to finish. Apologies for taking longer than expected, but we have had a few set backs which have taken abit of time. I'm pretty sure they will be ready to ship out by weeks end.

Cheers

tipper86
6th July 2007, 08:56 PM
UPDATE

Received the bars today and everything is ready to ship out. To all the guys that have payed a deposit be ready to pay the rest on Monday. Shipping is a flat rate of $30.00 australia wide. So that means, that the total owing plus freight (285+30). $315. To the local queensland guys who want to come pick up, you are able to get them early next week. If you need the bank account details again PM me.

4 Links look the fucking shit and you need to see them in the flesh to see the quality of these things. To all the guys that will receive these in the next few days, you will be able to see the teflon liner inside the rose joints.

ATTACHED ARE THE PICTURES OF THE COMPLETE PRODUCT AND THE BARS

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/ti...nt=IMG_0496.jpg (http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/tipperae86/?action=view&current=IMG_0496.jpg)

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/ti...nt=IMG_0490.jpg (http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/tipperae86/?action=view&current=IMG_0490.jpg)

CHEERS

aaron_drift
6th July 2007, 09:31 PM
thanks mate.

Will PM you for account details.

Can't wait to install them.

Aaron.

ae86hachiroku
6th July 2007, 09:41 PM
holy shit... WINNER!

DRFT - 86
6th July 2007, 11:21 PM
sexy product... wish I had the cash at the time... definate future interest if they become available again..

kaibeecee
7th July 2007, 02:03 AM
fast tip for people mounting rose joints on road-going vehicles;

before installation, place a balloon (i prefer black) over the joint and cut/ziptie it to the shaft (just cut where the joint ends/collar begins) to avoid dirt and road grime getting into your joints. also appears a tiny bit more 'factory'

aaron_drift
8th July 2007, 06:39 PM
cool idea bro.

driftke70
9th July 2007, 08:32 AM
if you boil the balloons they go on easier and fit tighter in the end.

stefan
9th July 2007, 01:41 PM
pimpn kant wait to get mine

RobertoX
9th July 2007, 02:36 PM
if they are teflon then you dont need to cover them, that will keep dirt in unless its a perfect seal

aaron_drift
9th July 2007, 06:38 PM
meh, i will still cover mine, no use takin chances.

tipper86
10th July 2007, 01:20 PM
they are teflon, so there is no if's..

Everyone that has purchased please DEPOSIT the remainder of the money so items can be sent out..

Cheers

aaron_drift
11th July 2007, 11:34 AM
tipper.

I still need account details please.

Pm me.

Cheers :)

Aaron.

tipper86
11th July 2007, 11:41 AM
PM sent ^^

tipper86
11th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Sent 4 links to grassworkz. Thanks for the fast payment.

All the guys that have ordered these, please make payment...

Cheers

shortround
12th July 2007, 12:31 PM
Paid! Thanks heaps for arranging all this man!
Andrew.

stefan
12th July 2007, 12:41 PM
payment should be in next week when pay day hits!

ae86hachiroku
12th July 2007, 01:27 PM
made payment

driftke70
14th July 2007, 03:39 PM
payment in

J_D
16th July 2007, 05:11 PM
Payment sent.

tipper86
25th July 2007, 09:57 PM
bump!

Still awaiting payment from 2 more guys. Have got some great reports back from the guys that have put them in already.

Thanks again.

driftke70
26th July 2007, 09:31 AM
yeap ill vouch for that, 3rd gear is heaven now.

so smooth and predictable.

roadsailing
26th July 2007, 11:01 AM
yeap ill vouch for that, 3rd gear is heaven now.

so smooth and predictable.[/b]

any idea when you will do another run of these? I'd be a bit interested in a set with no flat section on the rod.

do you have details on where the rod ends are from? I'd consider modifying a standard set also.

any word on the quad throttle adapters?

tipper86
26th July 2007, 04:58 PM
Other parts will be made in due time, there may be another group buy up if another 10 are keen to do it all again. Wait and turn around times will be much less.

Cheers

Johnny_K
26th July 2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah I'd be interested if you do another group buy on the 4 links

stefan
26th July 2007, 05:58 PM
I'm still waiting on stupid boss to give me my group cert or my farking leave payment ill get money into you asap

chat soon dan