PDA

View Full Version : No energy

Tylthidras
20th May 2007, 02:16 AM
Hey all,
I tried to start my car today, and unfortunately it wont start at all. Feels like there is no life in the car. When I opened the door, the door light seemed quite dull and when turning the car on the light even went duller. Engine didnt even kick in. Does anyone know what may be the problem? The car has been fine everyday until today....
Thanks

Konakid
20th May 2007, 02:47 AM
Definately sounds like your battery although weird for it to happen so suddenly...

Tylthidras
20th May 2007, 09:43 AM
Hmm. I dont think it could be the battery since the radio plays fine... Any other suggestions could it be the coil and ignitor?

Gilly
20th May 2007, 11:08 AM
dude its the battery

it takes a significant amount of power to wind an engine over and start. your battery doesn't have it.

it takes next to nothing to run a radio, you will probably find your headlights and dash lights work fine.

To prove the theory:

turn your lights on and try to start the car, as the engine attempts to wind over you will see the lights dim right down, thats a very good indication your battery is cactus

ke70dave
20th May 2007, 11:35 AM
your battery is goooOOOOOnnnneeee

theres a small chance it might kick over with a roll start, but since its cold your gonna wanna be goin preettyy fast.

solution

jumper leads + mates car + about 30min drive after it starts = nice charged battery

make sure battery has plenty of water in it, if its not a sealed one, see if it holds charge, if not might be time for a new one

slide86
20th May 2007, 03:22 PM
a dead cell in the battery cant be fixed.

if its died all of a sudden then i think its got a dead cell. just go buy a new battery

Sparkle86
20th May 2007, 04:22 PM
Hey all,
I tried to start my car today, and unfortunately it wont start at all. Feels like there is no life in the car. When I opened the door, the door light seemed quite dull and when turning the car on the light even went duller. Engine didnt even kick in. Does anyone know what may be the problem? The car has been fine everyday until today....
Thanks[/b]

I feel like that most Sundays, may be your car just needs a hug?