pulls to the sky and doesnt really hold...which narrows it
down to the cable.....?

Does anyone kno where and how much i can get a sprinter
handbrake cable, or if a different models handbrake cable
is compatable??

Regards

parrot
20th May 2007, 05:22 PM
If it was a disc brake T series, which it isn't, a SV11 camry front cable does the trick.

dr1ft-pig
20th May 2007, 10:15 PM
what calipers will the sv11 cable work with???
just the jdm ones?
or can i use them with,say pintara r31 calipers??

parrot
20th May 2007, 10:29 PM
what calipers will the sv11 cable work with???
just the jdm ones?
or can i use them with,say pintara r31 calipers??[/b]

No idea. Remember I am only talking about the front cable that goes from the handbrake lever to the plate about a foot away. From this plate the two cables head down to the calipers.

Would depend on whether you were using AE86 disc brake cables or pintara, how long pintara ones were, how they attach to the plate, how close to AE86 positioning into the caliper etc etc.

If you still have the Toyota factory setup with the cable from the handbrake lever to that plate, you could trawl through various Toyota models at pick a part looking for a cable of appropriate length, which is what I did. SV11 is perfect for an AE86 with T series disc brake rear.

dr1ft-pig
20th May 2007, 10:42 PM
so what cables do u use to go from that plate to the caliper itself?

parrot
21st May 2007, 06:13 PM
As above, the factory cables

Jonny Rochester
21st May 2007, 08:31 PM
There is a adjustment nut up at the handbrake. Loosen the nut all the way so the cables are loose. Then go and adjust the brakes at the drum again. Then adjust the cable at the hand brake. This will work, unless you have a snapped cable.

I have standard AUD Sprinter handbrake cables for sale.

sham90
21st May 2007, 09:27 PM
There is a adjustment nut up at the handbrake. Loosen the nut all the way so the cables are loose. Then go and adjust the brakes at the drum again. Then adjust the cable at the hand brake. This will work, unless you have a snapped cable.

I have standard AUD Sprinter handbrake cables for sale.[/b]

Yeah, sorry i should of specified, i de-adjusted the adjustment nuts at the lever, adjusted up the drums, and then adjusted the laver adjuster until there was no more thread....and cable still loose...

how much are you planning on selling the cables??
tho i think i'd only need the top cable, as i think i need the bottom cables cause its a T-18 diff...?
also do u kno if the cable is stretched at all??

cheers