PDA

View Full Version : Exedy Cushioned button clutch

Tom86
21st May 2007, 06:34 PM
I was looking for a new clutch for my ZE Sprinter. Anyway this cushioned button clutch from exedy seem like a good compromise between power handling and ease of use. The thing is they're rediculously expensive got a price this morning $699 or I can get the normal heavy duty for $310.

So what I want to know it is worth it? anyone have any experience with them? do you reckon the heavy duty with 30% increase in clamping force is ok?

Konakid
21st May 2007, 06:51 PM
Depends what your doing with the car, if its just hills runs/daily driving then the H/D should be fine.

Then again we don't know if your motor is stock, or if you abuse your clutch, i.e drift.

Driftspec
22nd May 2007, 10:46 PM
If its daily driving, the heavy duty will (should) be fine, even with a ZE in front of it. Can't remember the kind of force it takes, but its quite a bit. I have one behind my trusty 4AC, its very good considering I tend to abuse it a bit on the street (clutch kicking in the dry etc).

Having said that, if its heavy abuse, such as a lot of track days, or your pulling a fair bit of power. But if its mainly daily driving, use the heavy duty because event he cushioned button clutch can be a bitch to use on a day-to-day basis. Plus, if you don't strictly need the button clutch, save yourself nearly $400 and go the heavy duty http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

ToySprinta
24th May 2007, 02:44 AM
Ive killed a five puck and a cushioned button in the space of 8 months. The weak point is the sprung centre, on both plates, springs have broken free of they're retainers. This was with 120rwkw :s
I found a HD slipped badly in 2nd gear behind my gze.
This is with a 212mm flywheel...