PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean grimey injectors?

Dori86
6th June 2007, 10:15 PM
Want to clean my 20 year old injectors- they are grimey and filthy looking
What should i use to clean them with?metho,turps,prepsol?? not sure what is ok to use on them

On the same note anyone know what it would cost to have them sonically cleaned but one of those big ass machines?
cheers

70XIN
6th June 2007, 10:17 PM
Want to clean my 20 year old injectors- they are grimey and filthy looking
What should i use to clean them with?metho,turps,prepsol?? not sure what is ok to use on them

On the same note anyone know what it would cost to have them sonically cleaned but one of those big ass machines?
cheers[/b]

i have a sonic cleaner (for jewellery .. but fits 8ish injectors in quite comfortably) .. i did my injectors, that looked perfectly clean, and it still stripped crap off it!

you in brissy?

Nikkojoe
6th June 2007, 11:06 PM
I had one blocked injector. Dropped it in some thinners for a few hours and it worked straight after that..... I then dropped all of them in thinners over night, got them flow tested and all work like brand new http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Dori86
7th June 2007, 01:51 PM
Nah mate in sydney
so just completely imerse them in a bit of thinners overnight and theyll be sweet than? do i have to leave the terminal out of the thinners or just dunk them all in?

Nikkojoe
7th June 2007, 02:04 PM
I completely covered them in thinners. Remember that if they are painted black like mine were, the paint will come off (no biggie). Also dont forget to remove every part of the injector (orings, spacers, injector seat etc) as these will be destroyed if left too long in thinners http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

I also got some injector repair kits from a local auto shop. The kit caters for 2 injectors with new orings, seats, nozzle, filter etc. They cost around $12 or so off memory. Brand ACA, part no. IRK712