PDA

View Full Version : simple question for most thermostat

shaun2
7th June 2007, 10:42 PM
hey guys as it states i own an ae86 with a 4agze only got it two days ago and know nothing about the engine were is the theremo stat located as i think i dont have one in the engine as its running at 63 degree once warm i know its a simple question but i genrally cant find it i think it may be under the charger or at the back of the block. also how do i get to it to regards shaun

roadsailing
7th June 2007, 11:26 PM
hey guys as it states i own an ae86 with a 4agze only got it two days ago and know nothing about the engine were is the theremo stat located as i think i dont have one in the engine as its running at 63 degree once warm i know its a simple question but i genrally cant find it i think it may be under the charger or at the back of the block. also how do i get to it to regards shaun[/b]

ZEs have remote thermostats dont they? this will be a thing that has two big hoses and two little hoses coming out/going in to it with a bulge in the middle, the bulge is where the thermostat is.

Jonny Rochester
8th June 2007, 12:01 AM
If you have the original waterpump off the 4A-GZE, the thermostat will be a remote one zip-tied in some place. Thermostat is originaly on the gearbox in the FWD corolla. It comes apart with two 10mm nuts.

If you run no thermostat and start driving a bit hard, it will overheat.

shaun2
8th June 2007, 08:42 AM
ok so this hose is from the top radiator side so im prasuming under the super charger as my car is rear wheel drive but the engine was fronnt but has been converted thanks for the help guys.

and johnny rochester i have had the car a few days and given it a bit to see how it goes and it goes well but my micro tech dash wont go over 63 degress is this a problem what do you or any one else think of the situatation ????? regards shaun

Hen is a total nutcase
8th June 2007, 11:37 AM
The Microtech may not be calibrated properly (not setup right or using the wrong water temp sensor).

How does it look on the original dash gauge? If it's still there.

There will be two water pipes running down the driver's side of the block, one big, one medium. Follow these, they (should) meet at the remote thermostat housing. Open it up and check the thermstat works.

Hen

shaun2
8th June 2007, 07:17 PM
hen how you doin mate um the original dash isnt hooked up and the sensor being used by the microtech is the original one. what do you mean by the microtech not being set up how do i do this any help would be great regards shaun thanks for all the help guys

riceburner
8th June 2007, 10:28 PM
Follow your bottom radiator hose, not your top one.

Or post a pic and someone will show you.